This stove also charges your Ipod

ccarm

Adventurer
Thanks to the folks at gearjunkie.com, I came across this cool piece of camp equipment this morning.

7561.jpg

This is a small pellet/wood burning stove. It is about the size of a regular nalgene bottle. But, here's the kicker: It will also convert the heat energy from the fire you are cooking your awesome food on into electrical energy.

I don't know about it's durability or ease of use, but you have to admit it is a really cool idea for such a classic form of cooking.

7559.jpg

What do you all think about it?

Here's a link to the BioLite website.

Last edited:

Dirtytires

Explorer
I saw that last year. I was put on the reserve list for a few of them. I thought they were ready to release them to the public for
sale in January. I did recive a letter thanking me for the reserve and interest a few weeks ago, along with a little cardboard cutout
of what it is going to look like.

addicted56

Adventurer
Very interesting. I would be interested to see how much it really puts out for electricity. Here in the US there are a million better ways to charge my phone and most other devices but I like the idea and design even for cooking and heating other cookware.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I remember seeing a picture of a cruder version over 20 years ago. A thermoelectric pile was placed on top of a kerosene lamp chiminey. The heat produced enough electricity to run a small shortwave radio. They were being used in rural China. Repacked old idea. Looks good, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears