Thoughts on RLD design truck cap/canopy?

PTLux

Excellent input and advice. I’ve had my RLD now for 8 months and it really is exceptional. Thanks for your posts!

emulous74

I found a great solution (at least for me) to the crappy RLD cross bars and platform. I used to have a Leitner Designs bed rack on my truck, which I removed for the RLD Canopy. My mpgs went up up about 2 mpg removing the RLD platform and when I went to install my GFC SuperLite to the RLD crossbars it would require custom brackets as the two bars have different openings in them, I thought about the Leitner cross bars and that have tracks on all four sides and so the Leitner T-bolts would fit right into the holes already in the canopy top. I slid two M8 t-bolts into each of the three Leitner cross bars, placed them into the holes in the roof of the canopy and got in the canopy and put a washer and locknut onto each bolt and tightened up. First thing I thought was it was nice to be able to install these cross bars myself, the RLD crossbars require two people (one to hold the allen wrench on the outside and one to tighten the bolt on the inside). Using the Leitner tent brackets, it took 4 short cap socket bolts and 4 GFC track nuts and the tent was mounted in 5 minutes and moving my OVS Nomadic 270 awning from my trailer to the Leitner cross-bars was also (amazingly) a one man job. These Leitner cross bars have been an awesome addition to my RLD Canopy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman