Thoughts on value?

PaintRock

Adventurer
I wouldn't be too concerned about the mileage. At 90,000 the timing belt on the 4.7 needs to be changed. I would find out if that has been done. It's roughly $1,000.00 to have that done if you do the water pump, pullies, etc., although you may be able to get it done cheaper (a lot cheaper if you do it yourself). Personally, I think 16k would be more reasonable, it looks pretty clean...

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I wouldn't think twice about 90k on the 4.7. I'm guessing the PO traded it in because 90k is an expensive maintenance interval. It looks very clean, and if the maintenance was done I don't think that price is far off, maybe 18ish. If the maintenance hasn't been done then I think 16ish would be more inline.

Last edited:

Mtanzania

Thanks for the responses. The timing belt and service has just been done on it is my understanding...One more question...There is a possibility I could get a 2006 GX470 with 53,XXX on it for about the same price...Is the 40 thousand miles difference that big of a deal? The owner of the 2006 model is having trouble making up his mind to sell it :-( I would need to service the 2006 model as it is 10 years old and my understanding is that the timing belt should be done at that age...

PaintRock

Adventurer
40,000 miles is a lot. That would be about three years worth of use for me since I don't drive mine to work. I wouldn't be overly concerned with having the timing belt done on an '06 with 53,000 miles. I had it done on my Tundra (same engine, almost) at about the 12 year mark with 105,000 on the odometer. I actually wanted to do it sooner, but my old mechanic, who I trusted, persuaded me to put it off until then. If it were me, I'd seriously try to get the lower mileage rig and just keep in mind you'll have a fairly expensive service in the next few years.

Mtanzania

40,000 miles is a lot. That would be about three years worth of use for me since I don't drive mine to work. I wouldn't be overly concerned with having the timing belt done on an '06 with 53,000 miles. I had it done on my Tundra (same engine, almost) at about the 12 year mark with 105,000 on the odometer. I actually wanted to do it sooner, but my old mechanic, who I trusted, persuaded me to put it off until then. If it were me, I'd seriously try to get the lower mileage rig and just keep in mind you'll have a fairly expensive service in the next few years.

Thanks again for your input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman