Thule Easyrider 105 Trailer

DR BrianO

Harbor Freight makes a small 4'x4' trailer that I have been looking at purchasing. I really need a small easy to store trailer that I can haul camping gear/mulch/dirt/tools around.

I wanted to do some modifications (i.e. add sides) to haul around my camping gear, but my local HF does not stock it and could not justify the $120 shipping fee.

I found this trialer picked this up off craigslist for $225 this weekend. It is brand new and the quality is very nice for a bolt together. It is the size of a garden tractor trailer, but does have highway rated tires. I started to disassemble it and reinstall all bolts with blue Locktite last night as it was put together, lets just say it was questionable as it was almost put together correctly. The graphics were also removed to help clean up the look of it. The nice part is I can store this inside my shed upright.

Thule Easyrider 105.jpg

The list of upgrades will be short, a box on the tongue and maybe upgrade some slightly larger tires on it. It does have a torsion axle so the only lift maybe if I place some blocks on it. I also plan on adding a hitch receiver on the back to attach my bike rack.

Thule Easyrider 105 Storage.jpg

The only downside I have found is that I can not see it behind my Grand Cherokee.

Here is the link to the manufactures website http://www.redtrailers.com/ThuleEasyline.asp?mod=SJTP105

DR BrianO

Modification Ideas

I have been using this trailer around the city, but I am ready to start some modifications to it. I really want it to ride better on the highway.

Any ideas on what you would do to it? Selling is it not an option because I have very little invested in it and like the fact I can store it in my shed.

Thanks,

DR BrianO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12