tick pants

timbercruiser

Adventurer
Hey gang,a few years ago I remember seeing a pair of longjohn looking pants that were supposed to repel ticks. Does anyone remeber these or have other suggestions for a similar pant?

SilverBullet

Explorer
Not pants specificly, but working in AL for summers and doing escape and evasion night tactics with Aviation challenge, I will admit to wearing panty hose under my camo pants. While this may seem wired, it was a recomendation from our comander and i will admit, it worked great. Just food for thought.

SilverBullet

Explorer
I would have thought TMI when I was there, but a pair of thigh high for $1.50 was too cheap of a solution. Besides, under pants no one knew... Until now

SilverBullet

Explorer
Yeah, and the metalic feel ( I never knew women wore modern chain mail until then) was cool to the touch. So it was a lot less insulating than long johns or leggings. In the humidity of AL, it was a requirement not to make you sweat every drop of water in your body.

As I said before, it sounds weird, but in this economy and depending on your situation, only you know and it works.

haven

Expedition Leader
Permethrin is an insecticide that is very effective against ticks. You can purchase a liquid form that can be sprayed onto your trousers, then left to dry before wearing. A pair of trousers treated with Permethrin will retain its effectiveness through six washings. In my experience, Permethrin works well for ticks and black flies, less so for mosquitoes.

Wearing women's undergarments is optional, of course.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
Permethrin is an insecticide that is very effective against ticks. You can purchase a liquid form that can be sprayed onto your trousers, then left to dry before wearing. A pair of trousers treated with Permethrin will retain its effectiveness through six washings. In my experience, Permethrin works well for ticks and black flies, less so for mosquitoes.

x2 - Permethrin treated clothing is effective.

Snarky

Hell Paso
I would probably wear something with a bit less stigma than panty hose. Probably Permethrin sprayed compression heatgear ala underarmour or the decent and cheaper competitors from Target or Academy or Ect.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
I've just been wearing them for kinky pleasure all these years... nice to know they also protect me from ticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online