Titan swap too much for just overlanding?

COAKXterra

Oh man.

im swapped now. It’s got plusses and minuses for sure. But I went full enchilada and have the m205 as well... since the whole swap was initiated by me grenading the r180. I love the ride. Currently sprung with 2.5 radflos on the front and Alcan pack on the rear with Nisstec adjustable shackles. I am swapping mkIIs on this week though.

ifi hadn’t blown that diff, I’d still be on my old mk84s with spc uppers. Those things were fantastic. Lift height was about the same as my TS and the ride was wonderful over hundreds or even thousands of miles of dirt road, dirt highway, and wheeling.

if I was spending your money, I’d do that. Nisstec MK extended travel with the appropriate spring (I had an arb bull bar, so went 650#... I’ve now swapped everything on the front/under to aluminum and highly recommend that path), spc uppers, and either omeHD or a custom spring pack to support the weight of your GFC. 285s should fit great. If it was me...

the TS is great, but my .02 is that it’s unnecessary for you and the money is better spent on fuel and experiences with a different kit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998