Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

gator70

Since when is vendors-suppliers allowed to market their products in theses forums? Answering questions, on Quora, on Reddit and other forums is a means of advertising . Especially when the forum member is a company employee.

andy_b

Since when is vendors-suppliers allowed to market their products in theses forums? Answering questions, on Quora, on Reddit and other forums is a means of advertising . Especially when the forum member is a company employee.

They can market like this once they are registered as a vendor.

You're right, the participation of vendors online is marketing and advertising. What remains unclear is your point.

07megacab

Has anyone put a dometic 12v AC or a Nomadic cooling unit in their TC camper yet? I like the cruise n' confort system, but boy is it pricey. I'm leaning more towards the Nomadic cooling unit.

andy_b

Has anyone put a dometic 12v AC or a Nomadic cooling unit in their TC camper yet? I like the cruise n' confort system, but boy is it pricey. I'm leaning more towards the Nomadic cooling unit.

We have a AC/DC 12volt mini split. Works pretty good and kept the roof clear.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites

Each Vendor is paying it's due to be allowed to post on the portal. Because of us, this forum is still free and not plastered with pop up adventising.

andy_b

Which one do you have?
AC/DC 12 volt minisplit.

Not the best name tbh. Amazon was the vendor's primary marketplace. This is their website but I ordered mine off of Amazon. It has been unavailable for a while. AT uses them on their Aterras and maybe they have bought all of the supply, idk. I would contact the vendor directly. When I bought mine, they were super responsive.

If I were to do it again, I'd consider the Cruisin' Comfort. They are expensive but they have higher outputs. If you're running a 48 volt system, they support that option which is nice.

The AC/DC is rated at 6000BTU and it keeps the box cool during the summer but it has to work at it. The head unit is barely able to get the breeze to the front of the cabover. AFAIK, none of the Crusin' Comfort systems provide heat - not the end of the world, but I appreciate (and have used) our minisplit as a heat source. Our Planar stopped working on a trip in the winter so it was great to have a backup.

We initially had no plans for an inverter which is why I focused on a DC minisplit. If you're thinking about having a high enough capacity inverter in your build, a residential option might be worth considering. One aspect I wasn't a huge fan of for using residential units was packaging the exterior compression unit - both AC/DC and Cruisin' Comfort allows the compressor to be put in creative places.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
AC/DC 12 volt minisplit.

Not the best name tbh. Amazon was the vendor's primary marketplace. This is their website but I ordered mine off of Amazon. It has been unavailable for a while. AT uses them on their Aterras and maybe they have bought all of the supply, idk. I would contact the vendor directly. When I bought mine, they were super responsive.

If I were to do it again, I'd consider the Cruisin' Comfort. They are expensive but they have higher outputs. If you're running a 48 volt system, they support that option which is nice.

The AC/DC is rated at 6000BTU and it keeps the box cool during the summer but it has to work at it. The head unit is barely able to get the breeze to the front of the cabover. AFAIK, none of the Crusin' Comfort systems provide heat - not the end of the world, but I appreciate (and have used) our minisplit as a heat source. Our Planar stopped working on a trip in the winter so it was great to have a backup.

We initially had no plans for an inverter which is why I focused on a DC minisplit. If you're thinking about having a high enough capacity inverter in your build, a residential option might be worth considering. One aspect I wasn't a huge fan of for using residential units was packaging the exterior compression unit - both AC/DC and Cruisin' Comfort allows the compressor to be put in creative places.

I'm going to experiment with the ecoflow wave 2 in our new personal camper. It's fairly easy to integrade it with the Ecoflow 48V electrical system. Main heat source will be 2 Autoterm 2D. 2 x diesel heater for redundancy.

Spencer for Hire

I'm going to experiment with the ecoflow wave 2 in our new personal camper. It's fairly easy to integrade it with the Ecoflow 48V electrical system. Main heat source will be 2 Autoterm 2D. 2 x diesel heater for redundancy.
Any thoughts on how good it will work with the non 48v systems in a popup camper?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have seen, heard and read some good things about these units... a bunch of YouTube channels I follow have these and have done reviews on them, all of which seem to be favorable. Ecoflow seems to be one of the better products out there for portable power and I have no doubt they put a lot of effort into engineering these.

I love their battery / solar and automatic generator solution for off grid homes and RV's.

ffirg

That is what my plan will likely be as well. Purchase the shell and use as-is until i have a better idea of the available space and how i want to build it out. Are you aware of many people that have used their shells long-term like that? My idea would be to have the electrical system built out so I could install a furnace and power lights, fans, etc. but use it as is other than that. Until the itch to build it out fully gets too strong anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior