Total composites style box on a 144 sprinter cutaway?

Corgi_express

I love the idea of the total composites boxes to get a much more efficient living space compared to a typical camper van - but everyone building with them insists on making 22-24 foot campers with dinettes and other extraneous stuff I don’t really want.

I can’t find anyone building shorter versions of this idea, and Total Composites stopped selling direct to consumers, so I am curious if anyone knows a builder who could do a shorter version of the highly insulated box build that’s not 3/4 of a million dollars.

My backup plan at this point might be to just buy a refrigerated van and build it out.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Our builders can get you any size TC shell as a true custom order. Please tell me who is insisting on building 22-24’ boxes ?

Steve_382

OEV was talking about putting a 12' box on an E350 with Quigley 4x4, but I haven't heard much about it lately. That would have been just a bit over 20'. Sounded pretty interesting to me.

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
I've been doing a lot of thinking and designing on just such a build on that very chassis. ~13' box I think. Gives tons of interior space on a very reasonably sized vehicle.

And I agree, not much out there for examples. I'd likely do a home build using composite panels but there is a TC builder close by me and I'll talk to them for sure. My guess is cost, and to a lesser extent, weight, will steer me away from TC, but we'll see. Might well be worth the tradeoffs to go that way.

Anyway, very interested to see if this thread reveals any other potential approaches.

Deleted Member 183

Don't get me wrong Total Composites puts out a TOP NOTCH product... But why not find a used U-Haul box to mount to your Sprinter cutaway. That way you can cut/ hack/ manipulate it to your hearts desire for a fraction of the price. Now granted, if you don't have the work space, tools, or skills, it is understandable that that you want to buy something close to finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior