Toyota sequoia 2nd gen

Hoping someone could give me expert advice on tire/rim size for driving in sand. I have stock 20” rims with 275/55 all weather tires. On sand I drop down to 18psi and do just fine on miles of beach driving in 4H. This year we will be towing a roughly 4,000 cargo trailer on the beach and researching whether I need to upgrade my tires and rims. I am considering adding higher profile all terrain tires. Toyota says I can go to 275/60. Also considering going to an 18/9 rim and going 275/65. Is there a considerable difference in the 20 versus 18? My inexperienced self just doesn’t want the added tow load to impact my ability to drive in the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontySquareo

Think about the trailer tires too, if you have nice floaty tires on your truck but the trailer sinks in the sand you're still gonna be stuck

rruff

Explorer
Hoping someone could give me expert advice on tire/rim size for driving in sand.
Larger-wider tires will help, but I don't believe there is a "need" for this situation. If you want bigger tires for other reasons, you certainly can do it. I think where tire/wheel fitment is concerned, the 2nd gen Sequoia and Tundra are the same, and I have some experience with that. 295s will fit on 8" rims (which you have), and 295/55r20 would be less than 1" taller than stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior