Toyota Trail Hunter Line up

They should at least have a Tundra "HD" package, base model with upgraded whatever to get it to lightweight 3/4 T or heavy 1/2 T specs, ~2000 lb payload.....will ride rough, will be sluggish, will sit rear high.....cool, they'll get some of that middle ground back, guys waffling on Toyota vs Domestic. If they offer it as a package the consumer has the option of having a non-plush rig or not.
Exactly. At least give us an “XD” like the Titan. The new hybrid Tundra drivetrain has more torque than every gas engine 3500 on the market. Do they offer a package around that engine for capability? Or even for a family of 5 to put a truck camper in the bed without being over GVWR? Nope. Not at all. It truly boggles the mind.

irish44j

Looks pretty impressive if it's as good as the specs, but as someone living in a high-income area, I'm sure I'll get a good look at them parked in driveways all over my suburb (far from any overlanding) with multiple Rotopaxes, shovels, and fire extinguishers on the rack and a new RTT on top! Joking aside, this is a brilliant move from Toyota, whether or not they sell a lot to people who are doing real overlanding/adventure trips....because they WILL sell to the high-income surburban set who like a refined truck that has that look. And if they sell more trucks with real offroad chops, they'll keep making them, with any luck.

And then 10 years from now, the rest of us can pick them up on the used market since they're Toyotas, and they'll still be in good mechanical shape :)

bradleymd

Why didn't Toyota make it with removable top and doors, like Jeep and Ford. I think they dropped the ball on this one. So disappointed.

bradleymd

With a removable top and doors they would have stood a better chance of competing with the 2 other dealers.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
It isn't my cup of coffee but I get it. My biggest gripe stretches passed just this truck and lies with most options nowadays; The bumpers and side body cladding are just too low. Ram and Ford do a good job of giving you a real bumper but with an easy-to-remove air dam for MPGs. Coming from an engineering background, I understand why these are there now (safety, efficiency, etc) but I wish a little more attention was given to the core audience, not the core sales.

You market the dream machine, the flagship (Raptor, Rubicon, TRD-Pro, etc.) not the one people actually buy. This is just marketing a truck with bolt-ons. I want to see more mission-focused replacement components.

Ford did a good job with the Bronco giving its core enthusiasts something they can build that doesn't HAVE to include aerodynamics and ease of entry as staples.

bradleymd

If toyata marketed like this they would dominate you can't beat a Toyota

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_005657_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_005657_Chrome.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20221230_005609_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_005609_Chrome.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 23

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Sorry, Gotta disagree. I don't think there would be a very good return on investment there.
I don't think the take rate would be very high.

I agree. I don't think anyone is asking for a full-size truck with removable body parts.
Maybe on a future 4Runner..... maybe. I just don't think people are really asking for this in general. The Gladiator is kind-of a one-off thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12