Trail 90's

thecriscokid

Explorer
I know that there are a couple around here. post up a pic. Sure they are not true expedition motorcycles, but they sure are fun.
You can truly have an adventure not far from home on a 40 yr old 90cc scoot

Here's my '69
IMG_6286.jpg
[/IMG]

On the Rainbow Trail, Salida CO last weekend
90trail.jpg
[/IMG]

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I love old Honda Trail's, had a 70' Trail 50 for many years, we used to take it camping with us and just use it for a scouting vehicle. Sold it a few years back and wish I never had.

They don't have much for 90's but they have a ton for the Honda Trail 50:
http://www.hondaminitrail.com/z50.html

I was able to score all sorts of goodies for my bike :cool:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I love old Honda Trail's, had a 70' Trail 50 for many years, we used to take it camping with us and just use it for a scouting vehicle. Sold it a few years back and wish I never had.

They don't have much for 90's but they have a ton for the Honda Trail 50:
http://www.hondaminitrail.com/z50.html

I was able to score all sorts of goodies for my bike :cool:
My brother has a new Honda trail 70 retro bike. Same tooling as honda and everything great little bike.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
My brother has a new Honda trail 70 retro bike. Same tooling as honda and everything great little bike.

Sure its the Honda tooling or just a Chinese copy of the bike? I've seen Chinese copies of the older Honda's under several different brand names, none of which I would call Honda tooling or remotely close quality, just a very similar look. If there was one that was up to the Honda par, I'd be very interested in hearing more about it.

ginericLC

Adventurer
There are always tons of Trail 90s for sale in Boise. I have a Trail 70 I bought last year to restore and use. Not a real restore but a restore to use. Gabe, my 6 year old, has a Trail 50 1976 model. It is a blast to ride. He and I both hop on it and go. When I was a kid we had a 69 Mini Trail 50 and several 70s.

I get really irritated by the made in China crap they are importing and calling it good as and from the same tooling. I really doubt Honda got tired of making the old bikes so they gave their tooling to the Chinese so they could flood the US with their knock offs. Toyota of course was done with the 80 and 100 series too so they sent them the tooling for those too. Lifan has been making a trail 70 knock off for quite some time. I'm told it is actually not too bad. But since it comes from the 5 letter C country and not the 5 letter J country I don't have any interest in it.

805gregg

Adventurer
My first bike was a Honda trail 55. I would love to have a Trail 110 with 2 speed rear. I think they still make them, in Australia the post office uses them, down under they are called posties.

D

Deleted member 9101

I have a 1982 "Yamahopper" (OT50) I tool around when I am bored.

Momrocks

Adventurer
When I was growing up my Dad had two Trail 90s. Basicly maintenance free motos. Low on neck snapping speed and next to no suspension. I hated them then but covet one now. My tastes have evolved somewhat. I now understand there's more in a toolbox than just a vise grip and that one size does NOT fit all. The CT-90/110s perform wonderfully within their niche.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12