Photog

Explorer
This is an amazing story.
http://www.argentinaalaska.com/eng/novedades.htm

All photos from their web page
sepia.jpg

Torres%20del%20Paine%20chica.jpg
balsa%20titicaca.jpg

I did a search in the ExPo, and didn't see these folks anywhere.

Enjoy :victory:

Last edited:

Photog

Explorer
They don't talk much about the Graham. Looking through the info, they tore the car apart at the end of 2006, and extended it. It went from 3 windows on a side, to 4 windows. This was after their trip to Alaska, from Argentina (2000 - 2003), the addition two children and a few multi-month trips through Argentina and to Patagonia.

Here is another link, that has their Asia trip in it.
http://www.argentinaalaska.com/

Last edited:

viajeros4x4x4

Adventurer
We've been with them, at their home, while they were enlarging their car in Argentina... it was february 2007, they had 2 kids at that moment. Nowadays, they are somewhere in Borneo... with 4 children!!!

They are a good inspiration for everybody, in special for those who want to travel with children, with any car...

Herman, Cande (and Pampa, Tehue, Paloma and Wallaby)... we hope to see you on the road... somewhere!!

Big hug from Prescott, Arizona!

geovalue

Adventurer
On our last night camping in the USA, (Sacred Rocks Campsite @32.646132,-116.347661) we met David and Rose Muenker. David gave us a book to read called, “Spark Your Dream” by Candelaria and Herman Zapp.

It is the very story of the young couple fulfilling their dreams of traveling across the Americas in the 1928 Graham-Paige vintage. A condition of receiving the book is that once we have read it we must pass it on to another adventurous spirit we meet along the way.

There have been several owners before us and we felt quite honoured to receive it to pass along. Once we have finished reading the book and are in Argentina we plan to pass the book along to an overlander heading north to North America with the same instructions the book has to make it way back south with another overlander. Each person who has had the book writes a message in it for the next overlander. Who knows maybe the book will one day be in your possession making it way across the Americas. Perhaps it can get its next start off at next year Overland Expo.

it makes for some hilarious reading

Safe travels all

D

Deleted member 9101

Stories like this are why I keep my 2WD truck....lol

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hey .... I saw these guys here a while ago.........maybe 18months ago or even a bit further back.....amazing story. They had the car on display at a local historic motorsport event just up the road from where I live and were talking to people about the trip. The Noosa News did a story on them too. Really awe inspiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior