Trooper listing to starboard.....

Zaphod

Adventurer
Since I've had my truck, I've always felt that it had a slight lean toward the passenger side. I'd normally notice this when walking up to it from behind.

Well, today I noticed it again and decided to find out for certain. Using a handy tape measure that I just happened to have within easy reach, I measure the distance from the pavement to the same spot on the tow-hitch bar on the left and on the right.

Sure enough, the right (passenger) side is a good inch lower than the driver side. I'm NOT imagining things.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Bad springs?

HarryT

Adventurer
Trooper

My Jeep Rubicon was also leaning to the Right during the last election.
I installed air bags with individual lines inside the rear springs. Now I can level the Jeep no matter how its loaded.

jl8088

Adventurer
mine had a lean when i first bought it. Turns out that it was the torsion bars. I guess they didn't break in at the same rate. It was fixed when i cranked them during my lift install. Hopefully your measuring yours in the front and its the same thing. If it is the rear, i'd have no idea why.

Incusus

Adventurer
Zaphod said:
Since I've had my truck, I've always felt that it had a slight lean toward the passenger side. I'd normally notice this when walking up to it from behind.

Well, today I noticed it again and decided to find out for certain. Using a handy tape measure that I just happened to have within easy reach, I measure the distance from the pavement to the same spot on the tow-hitch bar on the left and on the right.

Sure enough, the right (passenger) side is a good inch lower than the driver side. I'm NOT imagining things.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Bad springs?

did you measure the front or rear? If its lower on one corner, that would point you towards tortion bars or springs. I'm betting a torsion bar could use a turn or two to stiffen it up.

Zaphod

Adventurer
Incusus said:
did you measure the front or rear? If its lower on one corner, that would point you towards tortion bars or springs. I'm betting a torsion bar could use a turn or two to stiffen it up.

I measured in the rear. Didn't measure the front. Will do so when the rain stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears