Trooper roof rack install

double moo

Adventurer
After looking for quite awhile at various racks, and searching site after site for information on mounting it to a 2nd Gen Trooper I have finally made my own brackets and installed the rack!

I did a full write up of the install over on Planet Isuzu. I hope posting a link isn't bad form... but I'm a slow typer and am not real excited to do it all again!

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=220750#220750

Here are some photos of the process through finish:

Attachments

• rack 9 (Large).jpg
    rack 9 (Large).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 349
  • rack 19 (Large).jpg
    rack 19 (Large).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 241
  • rack 25 (Large).jpg
    rack 25 (Large).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 238
  • stuff 002 (Large).jpg
    stuff 002 (Large).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 212
  • stuff 008 (Large).jpg
    stuff 008 (Large).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 232
  • stuff 015 (Large).jpg
    stuff 015 (Large).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 275

double moo

Adventurer
Yes I still have it! Bought it new off the lot 21 years ago... and it is still going strong. The rack worked out perfectly and it totally in tact still.

Keep in mind that if you are wanting to do a RTT all of the mounting options out there attach to 4 points - like the Surco T-100. With the larger rack for the RTT you will want to hit all 6 of the points... thus leading you to having to make your own set up. The curvature of the roofline and the skewed angles make buying an extra set of the Sureco units a non starter.

It really wasn't that bad to build my own. Good Luck.

PS... I originally wanted to put an ARB Simpson III on mine. Once getting the rack installed I realized that it would sit over 7' off the ground. This would not work out for my dogs, or smaller children. Ended up buying an OZ Tent V - fantastic tent and easier to use for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger