Trout Pond WVa

jim65wagon

Thought I'd show some of our pics from our family camping trip we took with Haggis' clan. Not much but the trip was fun, the lake was cold, the hiking was good, the campground was noisy; but we found an excellent campsite in the National Forest on Squirrel Gap Road that will get used sometime in the future...

Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Westy said:
wheres the photo of the trout pond??
Well, a sink hole opened up under the trout pond and drained it, there wasn't anything there but some rocks , mud and a trickle of a creek.

jim65wagon

Haggis said:
Well, a sink hole opened up under the trout pond and drained it, there wasn't anything there but some rocks , mud and a trickle of a creek.

yeah, unfortunately it was more like Trout Puddle than anything else.

quote:
orginally posted by BigAl
Nice pics, have you ever been over to Seneca Rocks?

Not yet, but it's close enough to us that I'm sure we will in the future. Maybe not this year...

BigAl

Expedition Leader
jim65wagon said:
Not yet, but it's close enough to us that I'm sure we will in the future. Maybe not this year...
It's worth the drive, there is really nice visitors center, and if you don't mind hiking up a mountain there are some nice views. But even loking up from the bottom is nice.:rappel:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Here's a few more shots. Last shot is looking off the campsite we found on Squirrel Gap Road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears