Urgent Help with 2001 Mitsubishi Montero

JAVYPRO

Observer
URGENT!!!!

Gets,
I am working on my wife's 2001 Montero 3.5L (6G74). Long story short, daughter drove it with the oil level on the low side it was too expensive to have someone fix or replace the engine ($8,000 +) so I decided to do it myself regardless of the little time I have available. Well, the engine came out in perfect shape. Only a spun bearing that caused no damage.
I am assembling it but, for the life of me I cannot find the knock sensor bracket ? Do any one of you know the part # or do you have one available? Is it the same at in the 3.8L? I believe both blocks are the same.
I am frantically looking for a replacement if I cannot find the bracket in my garage, it is the only thing I am missing, and I cannot believe I misplace it.

Looks like this:

PNG image.png

Please email me: javypro@bellsouth.net
Javy

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Dang Javier. I hate it when I lose that kind of stuff.

Let me see if I can find a part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
My 98 6G74 doesn’t have a knock sensor…..I feel a distant memory of thinking a similar thing as you when I did my engine years ago…..you sure you are actually missing it?

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
I'd grab the FSM from my signature if you don't already, but you probably already have it.
I don't have the ability to check both types of engines, but I think the blocks are similar.

Next, I'd check PartSouq for the diagrams. It will show you part numbers for both the 3.5L and 3.8L for different years.
PartSouq 6G75 Engine Link

Seems to be MD155544 (#14905) on the 6G75 engine in this diagram.
116_410F00219T.gif

01 engine diagrams shows the same part #

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12