Warn 9.5xp vs. HS9500 & ARB bumper

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
I am about to pull the trigger on a winch.
My Tacoma'01 with an ARB bumper...I already seen and know what is listed as Warn winches that fit.
HS9500
XD9000
M8000
M6000

But I'm interested in the 9.5xp winch (newer, better water protection, etc).
The 9.5xp is similar in size, but faster than the older (?) HS9500.

Is the 9.5xp the replacement to the HS9500?

If yes, then it should fit the Tacoma ARB bumper - right?

01tundra

Explorer
I'm running a 9.5XP with Viking Combo rope and love it - very fast, compact winch. The wireless remote option works well also :).

zidaro

Explorer
the HS has an internal solenoid(mounted on a housing above the spool), the XP is remote mount solenoid, those are the biggest diff. I dont winch enough (read: Alaska vs CA) to notice the line speed diff. I have both (mounted on Toyotas) they are both great. The HS is a bit larger and may not fit the bumper w/o front grill mods, dont have any clue about ARB bumpers though.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
the HS has an internal solenoid(mounted on a housing above the spool), the XP is remote mount solenoid, those are the biggest diff. I dont winch enough (read: Alaska vs CA) to notice the line speed diff. I have both (mounted on Toyotas) they are both great. The HS is a bit larger and may not fit the bumper w/o front grill mods, dont have any clue about ARB bumpers though.

Thanks for the info...but I already knew that...the list I posted are the ones that can fit the Toyota Tacoma ARB bumpers....came off ARB's site.

I then found out that the XP will also fit - per ARB and WARN. :victory:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I bought a new Warn 9.5XP three years ago and it has performed as Warn told me it would! I pulled my '99 Land Cruiser (pushing 7Klbs with gear) AND my loaded AT Horizon trailer (2.5Klbs) up a steep off-camber scree covered slope last summer and it never winced. I've also yanked the same LC out of a "to the frame buried in mud" without issue. And countless other recovery events with the same LC and also similar rigs. All of these recoveries were done without a snatch block.

Warn told me the 9.5XP is a "very under-rated winch" from a tonnage rating perspective; based upon my experience I have to agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan