Warn winch wiring

preacherman

Explorer
I just moved my warn m8000 from my trooper to my jeep. The arb on the trooper required the warn to mounted with the three black cables that run form the control box to the left side of the winch down low. On the jeep those cables are now in the way of the mounting bracket. There are several other plugs on the left side of the winch higher up out of the way. Are these just ground cables that can be switched to the other plugs areas? It kinda of looks like those extra plugs are specifically for that reason but I cannot find any info on the Internet.

preacherman

Explorer
After looking at it and comparing it with the book, it looks like the motor has been clocked and just needs to be turned back to it's original position. I'll give that a try.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Good to see "preacherman" and "Antichrist" working together... :)
LOL
Just because friends stuck one of my Rovers with the moniker doesn't mean I can't try to be helpful. ;)
I actually thought of clocking the motor being the answer, but wasn't personally familiar with the winch so didn't want to suggest something like that.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Best winch Warn ever made. Light, powerful, lowline, easy to fix, easy to upgrade, pretty efficient...

One of the Warn Triumvirate* and without doubt the gold medal winner

*they only make three good winches IMHO :) mind you they do also makes some absolute stinkers

+1 on calling Warn with questions. They were very helpful and responsive when I was mounting mine in an ARB bumper. Glad it worked out. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online