Welded up my garage pod. Anyone want to trade a FTR/T7500 for a NRR? :-)

Jfet

Adventurer
Just kidding, maybe. I think we may just squeak by on the axle weights and GVWR when loaded. Will be underpowered in the Isuzu NRR with its 190hp engine.

Definitely have put enough time into the camper and garage that now I would upgrade the truck before the camper.

Features in the garage portion are a full frame welded 8 foot workbench across the back (will support a very small cnc milling machine/lathe), dual 2 foot tall, 16 inch deep, 8 foot shelves welded to the frame on each side, and a teardrop trailer door for side entry when you don't want to lower the 7x7 foot ramp door. I added in my signature jackstand mounts in the corners the same way I have on the camper. Jacks can be installed/removed in under 30 seconds then stored in the under truck boxes.

The steel frame is made from 0.125, 0.072, and 0.063 2x1 and 1x1 steel tube so it is not particularly heavy. Estimated at about 400 pounds for the frame and 100 pounds for the door, then add in marine ply and aluminum skin. Total garage pod weight should be under 1500 pounds empty, 10 feet long, 8 feet 4 inches wide, 7 feet 6 inches tall.

garagefullframe1.jpg

garagefullframe2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior