Went out... but had damage!!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Well I should have waited till my new arms came in.... LOL... I was out doing Eagle Rock with a few others all was going good!!! The new lift and flex is AWSOME, have a few items to dial in!!! But while doing a hill climb my slightly bent trailing arm turned into a VERY BENT trailing arm.... I was able to drive home..... But I felt like ruined the day for two who drove down from denver!

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

And here is the BEND of the arm...lol... Made for a fun drive home!:rellye
IMG_0192.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
And here is the BEND of the arm...lol... Made for a fun drive home!:rellye
IMG_0192.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Holy crap thats awesome! You mean to tell me you couldn't just pull over and pry it back down? Yea yea highly unlikely I know.

Aaron

Funrover

Expedition Leader
xcmountain800 said:
Holy crap thats awesome! You mean to tell me you couldn't just pull over and pry it back down? Yea yea highly unlikely I know.

Aaron

HAHAHAHAHHA!! Oh man I wish!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
mountainpete said:
Ouch! What a bend! Tell us more of how it happened... what caused the original bend?

Well Not totally sure to be honest. Part of a few things at once.... I havn't put my new arms on yet so the arm was almost vertical and kicked a rock.. then when I backed down to try another line it bent underneath.... but not %100 sure!

Willman

Wow...that's a bend.....No highlift repair???....I mean taking the bent piece off and using the weight of the rig to bend it back????....Sounds easy.....but you made a good move.....that would have been a hard 4 hour trail repair....

:costumed-smiley-007

TheRoadie

Explorer
Willman said:
.....No highlift repair???....I mean taking the bent piece off and using the weight of the rig to bend it back????....
I thought you were going to say cut out the bend and use the hilift handle as a replacement bar. Using about 42 hose clamps, 50 feet of baling wire, and a pound of JBWeld to hold them all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior