What AGM battery to repacement of old Odyssey Battery pair in my '05 Ford 6.0 L ?

RandyP

Adventurer
Wondering what is the best available AGM vehicle starting battery available today for replacement of my two Odyssey batts (Ran Sears Platinums before the Odyseys) ?

Last edited:

dstefan

I’ve had 3 Northstars (in 3 vehicles) and they’ve been great. They are owned and made by the same company as Odyssey and every bit as good, IMO. They also made the old Sears Diehard Platinums, so possibly you already had one! The nice thing is they come in “normal” battery sizes, so easier to figure fitment, and they are also sold rebadged by Batteries+ as X2Power batteries. You can find the stores all over and they often have some sales and you can order on-line and pick up locally.

jonyjoe101

Adventurer
Fullriver full throttle are also good batteries, they look exactly like the odesseys. 12 years ago I bought a 27ah fullriver for 40 dollars (old stock) and it still installed in my van as a start battery. They make fullsize batteries also.

RandyP

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. May stay with Odyssey Extremes. They have worked well for me for three years now.

Last edited:

RandyP

Adventurer
Fullriver full throttle are also good batteries, they look exactly like the odesseys. 12 years ago I bought a 27ah fullriver for 40 dollars (old stock) and it still installed in my van as a start battery. They make fullsize batteries also.
12 year life. That is a long auto AGM battery life. How were you able to extend the usable life that long ?

Last edited:

RandyP

Adventurer
Lifeline makes some good AGMs with above average specs as well..
I used a pair of Lifelien batteries in a Offroad pop-up camper for a few years. They are very heavy !They worked well. Sold the camper with the batteries and all electrical equipment. I have not heard back from the buyer. They must have worked out for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior