What do you think about this...

vicmillon

Hello everyone!

Im going to introduce myself again, just in case..
My name is Victor, me and my girlfriend are leaving in Canada for a year. Then we plan to come back to our country Chile on a year trip crossing the pan american highway from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego...

We decide to buy a pop up camper and a 4wd truck
WE have almost ready the pop up,....thanks to everyone who help us with this (all the info in this thread here

AS you can see is a 9ft camper, so everyone is recommending a 3/4 ton truck
I like fords, and making some research i found that for my budget the late 90´s powerstroke are a very good option for the trip

I found this one on craigslist and want to ask the opinion of the experts

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/3330860082.html

I sent an email to the owner and he told me a few more things about this truck
"Body is not perfict, a few dents, paint blemishes, crack in the front window, rear gas tank leaks so I dont use it, front seats dont match and the glow plugs need to be done more than once in the mornings when cold" Tires are good BFG allterrain, the crack in the window is about 3 inches off the bottom and runs leanthwise across the whole thing"

I dont care about the dents and scratches on the body, neither the seats.
The windshield crack probably try to fix it or replace it...

So may questions are

1. What do you think about this truck, is good, good price???
2. Glow plugs should be replaced???... Estimated Price for this?? easy_ difficult..???
3. Im going to need the extra fuel tank, can it be fixed?? or is better replace it?
4. Other advice you can give to me

and Thanks to everyone for this amazing board

Best
Caro and Vic

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Hello,

I saw your discussion in the pop-up camper area--good luck with everything. It sounds like a great trip!

I'm afraid I don't know much about full-size trucks but you would likely receive helpful replies in the "Domestic: Full Size and Other" area of the forum. That's where the kind of people hang out who might be able to help.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/28-Domestic-Full-Size-and-Other

This area of the forum is for more obscure vehicle platforms that don't fit in the other categories.

Good luck!

vicmillon

Hello,

I saw your discussion in the pop-up camper area--good luck with everything. It sounds like a great trip!

I'm afraid I don't know much about full-size trucks but you would likely receive helpful replies in the "Domestic: Full Size and Other" area of the forum. That's where the kind of people hang out who might be able to help.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/28-Domestic-Full-Size-and-Other

This area of the forum is for more obscure vehicle platforms that don't fit in the other categories.

Good luck!

I was wondering why no reply...

Thnaks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan