What leafsprings are you using?

jwtrapper

Observer
For thoes of you with leaf sprung trailers what leafs are you using? I need to get started on my trailer but just not sure what springs I want to use yet. I was thinking about useing a set of stock jeep cherokee springs but they might be too long. Just wanted to see what everyone was using.

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
Early Toyota Fronts. They are super flat and haven't given me too much trouble but I have bottomed out a couple of times. SO I am switching to the YJ rears. 44 1/4 eye to eye.

IMG_2607-1.jpg

Loaded for a trip.
IMG_2769.jpg

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I used a set from a 2wd Ford Ranger. Handles my 1800 pound (loaded) trailer well, but I am going to add an additional leaf to try and raise the spring rate a little. Just a bit too bouncy on the rough stuff currently.

-

roadkill

Adventurer
Rancho 1.5" lift springs for the front of a CJ2/3 on my M416. they are a tad stiff but then again that may be due to the gas charged shocks that are on the trailer.

Box Rocket

Probably not on your list but I'm just using plain old trailer springs. So far so good. Tire pressure is set on the low side as I'm sure these springs are stiff but it has worked extremely well in the current configuration.

_MG_4097.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears