What to use for floor insulation that is waterproof?

OLDH1

Observer
I just received my new Basecamp Trailer (www.thebasecamptrailer.com) and was thinking of putting something on the floor to give it a little insulation in case I end up sleeping in the box due to time/weather issues on the trail...was thinking rubber mats like at the gym as I also want to protect the floor from getting scratched up from the gear that is loaded...looking for suggestions / recommendations!

Thanks!!

djaraceandrally

Adventuring somewhere...
Hello,

I'll try and get a product name, but in the past in have used a rubber sheeting thats used in horse box builds on the floor. Its 10mm thick, waterproof and has good insulation/sound deadening properties. Not too heavy but hard wearing and comes 8'x4' sheets. Will get the info from a pal, hang on!!

JoshN

Observer
Stall mats. Available at tractor supply, etc. They weight around 60 lbs each and are 3/4 inch thick. Hard to manipulate because they flop like a wet noodle but damn near bullet proof. I use them for back stop material for my archery range.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Stall mats. Available at tractor supply, etc. They weight around 60 lbs each and are 3/4 inch thick. Hard to manipulate because they flop like a wet noodle but damn near bullet proof. I use them for back stop material for my archery range.

This^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OLDH1

Observer
Thanks!! I will look into those...the area in the box is not that big so one sheet cut down would be all I needed!

Cheers,

OLDH1

Observer
Got it in...works great and only had to cut it down by 12". But man o man what a wrestling match trying to get it in by myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior