Whats my trailer worth?

anw7405

Observer
I was just wondering what my M101a2 trailer is worth? Its the light tan one with side rails, bows and cover. Everything is in good shape and works as it should. I took the military wiring off and added a standard 4 pin wiring. I also added a spare tire and a Jack on the front. I guess i would throw in the pintle hitch for it as well b\c i would not need it for anything. I'm trying to find some other trailers like it to compare it to but i can't find any so I'm not sure what its worth. I just don't need it anymore since we went a different route for camping. I'm located in central OK. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• awning 2.jpg
    awning 2.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 25

JoshN

Observer
Roughly $1k. They sell anywhere from $500 to $1800 depending on location but average more in the $700 - 1100 range. Being in OK I would guess you are closer to $700 than the other end of the range. You say it is in "good shape" but unless it is immaculate and in restored/new condition you would have a hard sell in OK for more than about $800-900. You have to consider your local audience. It is not an uncommon trailer, and folks out there are more than likely planning on putting it to work, while at the same time there are numerous HD trailer manufacturers / sellers in the region that make some really nice and much lighter platforms. Also dont attach any sentimental value to it, just because you enjoyed it / like it. Sentiment doesnt sell and will have you sitting on it for a much longer time than you would if you were totally objective. It is a heavy (approximately 1400lbs empty) and heavy duty 3/4 ton trailer with good ground clearance; nothing more. Could you sell it at the high end of the pricing spectrum? Yep, if you find the right guy on the right day, who is willing to pay for exactly what you have. In your location though? Probably not. Enough surplus sales in TX, OK and CO that it will keep your price on the lower end.

anw7405

Observer
thanks for your opinion. Did I say anything that made you think it has sentimental value to me?..or is that just advice for listing it?

tarditi

Explorer
Agreed - right now there are a lot of them on the market in private pre-owned, surplus dealers, or surplus liquidation (like govplanet).

Biggest challenge is you really need a larger SUV or truck to tow them properly - Jeeps and mid-size SUVs will struggle with the loaded weight of them.

Good luck with the sale!

JoshN

Observer
thanks for your opinion. Did I say anything that made you think it has sentimental value to me?..or is that just advice for listing it?

No, nothing that did. Just general advice. I have one myself. Paid $500 for it and another $200 for a brand new/old stock cover still sealed. So that would put mine at $700 without the axle swap I did to lighten it up.

JoshN

Observer
Agreed - right now there are a lot of them on the market in private pre-owned, surplus dealers, or surplus liquidation (like govplanet).

Biggest challenge is you really need a larger SUV or truck to tow them properly - Jeeps and mid-size SUVs will struggle with the loaded weight of them.

Good luck with the sale!

Ditto, here around me at least 3 places you can buy them already titled within a 2 hour drive and I am always amazed at folks in the SWB jeeps or older compact trucks that want to try and drag these heavy beasties around.

Taylor1982

Drive it to Ohio. Those things always go for around $2k up there for some crazy reason. Been looking at them forever. Really want to do a teardrop out of one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears