White Limited Wheels?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Well in my boredom I come up with lots of things, from more interior tie down locations to dual battery positions. This time I came up with white limited wheels for the 4Runner. I had been thinking of another color to paint the extra set of wheels I have. As you know my current set are that wonderful dark grey from a rattle can made by duplicolor. And yes the Retro Tacoma at the Sema show had some effect but it further strengthened my drive for "white" wheels. I know it's not everyone's cup o tea but it could look cool. I tried to photoshop some color onto the existing but with no luck. As far as which white I was thinking good ole appliance white. Maybe I'll mount a set of monster valves in them while I'm at it.

Aaron

bucketosudz

Explorer
I'll bite... I think a semi-gloss white with black caps and lugs would look pretty sharp. Take a look at the Ford Lightning' pickups, like you say they may not be "everbodys cup o tea" but I think they have there place.

My first truck was a 80 2WD Toyota, and I always dreamed of painting it all white, and doing subdued tiger stripes and a faded blue rocker panel. I then was going to do a tonneau with a white bengal tiger on it.

Go ahead be different, Ted Nugent has all Zebra striped rigs, and I wouldnt be the least bit broken to drive them:wings:

pray4surf

Explorer
I've always been a fan of the white spoked wheels - as far back as when Jackman was making products for trucks. On my white taco, I think they'd look pretty cool...

As for tiger stripes, that old TV show Daktari had a truck with such a scheme

Cackalak Han

Explorer
I've had white wheels on my past cars. But the car was also white. If it's some other color, I don't think it'll look that good.

If you want to mix it up, go all out with a lambo green or something. :D

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I've had white wheels on my past cars. But the car was also white. If it's some other color, I don't think it'll look that good.

If you want to mix it up, go all out with a lambo green or something. :D

Ohhhhh that would be interesting. That why I though of white because the truck is silver. My current wheels are dark grey.

P6046003.jpg

Aaron

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
LOL, leave it alone... it's a good looking truck the way it is. And I agree if the truck was white or another color I would give my blessing but I think the silver would clash.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
It's for the offroad set of wheels still no tires but considering 255 BFG KM@'s or 285 Cooper STT's or 285 Inteco SSR's, I thought they'd look slick wrapped around a white rim.

Aaron

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Well I emailed around and got some interesting prices for gloss white powdercoating. One shop wanted $150 per wheel while another wanted $200 for media blasting and powder for the set of 4.

Aaron

Applejack

Explorer
IMHO, if you go with white, you gotta go with the old school Toyota steelies. But that would be a 15 rather than a 16 though........it'd make your tires cheaper.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
IMHO, if you go with white, you gotta go with the old school Toyota steelies. But that would be a 15 rather than a 16 though........it'd make your tires cheaper.
But also limits tire choices to some extent. I still run 15" rims and choice on tallish and skinny (33" by around 10" or 10.5") comes down to BFG or Interco, where in 16" you have a few options. Now if you want to run 33x12.50 or 35"+ tires, 15" is OK.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Yeah that's true. Too bad you couldn't find some that look the same, only in 16in.
Toyota made and still makes lots of 16" rims for the world market. The best option I think here in the USA is that 16x6 steel overseas 80 series wheels, which you can get new from Toyota. They are a little fancier than the steelies like on old trucks, but they're not flashy at all (they're a painted silver). Toyo P/N 42601-60262, Also the plain steel wheels from the FJ Cruiser and Tacoma are 16x7 (I think) and usually people sell those fairly cheap on Craigslist. Those are black, though painting or having them powdercoated white is not difficult.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Well 15's are out for a simple reason,,, they won't fit. My 16's clear my factory calipers by barely an 1" as it is. I have the 16" option as it's refereed to which wasn't just a wheel swap they also increased caliper and rotor size. Sooo no point in buying another set of wheels when I already have a second. I know the FJ LC wheels your talking about and they do look good.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears