Why is the 4runner not as popular overseas as the LandCruiser?

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Adding to the convo: I don't belive that the 1st Gen was offered world wide. Maybe a few other places, but I don't belive it was corculated as wodely as the general Hilux was.

That's the other thing that bears pointing out, and that is that the Hilux truck is massively popular EVERYWHERE just not the the "wagon" version called the surf. As far as the truck they're most all (untill the newer gen's) based on. I'd wager to say it's the most popular mini truck in the world.

Good point though Dave on the other players like Mitsu who really take it out of Toyota elsewhere in the world. The Pajero is a really cool truck that I wish we got here

I can honestly say that while the rest of the world get's most of the trucks I desire, the first gen Hilux surf is a real Gem that the rest of the world missed out on. No I need the weather to turn because I'm really anxious to take the top off mine for the first time since it was built 19 years ago.

Cheers

Dave

targa88

Explorer
Don't get me started about LC in Canada and diesel engines.
Why we can't get them when Toyota sells them around the world....

mrstang01

Adventurer
Isn't the Pajero sold here as the Montero? I'm sure it's watered down like US spec LC's are, but it is available.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears

Members online