Will an ARB dual compressor work with a check valve?

VanDominator13

Observer
I am installing an ARB dual compressor under the hood of my truck. I ordered a braided hose to run to a Viar Manifold block and it has a check valve. Does anyone know if this will affect the performance of the compressor or damage it in any way?

slomatt

Adventurer
As long as the compressor has a pressure switch to turn it off a set pressure then you should be fine.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Just one note, compressors last longer if they aren't sucking hot air from under the hood. This has been an issue with many ARB twin installs under friends Jeeps hoods.....my compressor under the passenger seat is goin on 8 years old now without any issues while more than one of them has had multiple replacements.

VanDominator13

Observer
Just one note, compressors last longer if they aren't sucking hot air from under the hood. This has been an issue with many ARB twin installs under friends Jeeps hoods.....my compressor under the passenger seat is goin on 8 years old now without any issues while more than one of them has had multiple replacements.

Thanks for the tip. I considered putting the compressor under the rear seat but I like to keep the interior of the truck open for storage. I ran an ARB single under the hood of my Tundra for years without issue and I was running air lockers. Now that I have factory lockers I never really plan to run the twin without the hood wide open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior