Winch mount needed for 2003 Frontier

GlennA

Adventurer
Title just about tells it all. I sold my hummer but kept the winch. I am looking for a winch mount or source for one to fit my 2003 Froniter 2wd. If you know of one or a source for one, let me know. Tomorrow I'm pulling off the bumper cover to see how much room I have to possibly mount the winch behind the bumper. TIA.

Mirage

There are a couple ways you could go about it, you can buy one of the existing winch bumpers, bolt a generic winch plate to the frame horns, or build your own. I built my own for my Xterra, the Frontiers would be pretty similar, I took it somewhere to get welded just because I don't have a welder.

img00120201102101414.jpg
img00114201102081124.jpg

GlennA

Adventurer
That is what I have in mind. I have an rv "baseplate" as a starter. (A baseplate mounts to your vehicle, then the towbar attaches between the baseplate and rv.) It is very similar to yours minus the winch plate. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to get started.

There are a couple ways you could go about it, you can buy one of the existing winch bumpers, bolt a generic winch plate to the frame horns, or build your own. I built my own for my Xterra, the Frontiers would be pretty similar, I took it somewhere to get welded just because I don't have a welder.

View attachment 80962
View attachment 80963

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
That's a great lookin bumper! I kept the plastic & welded on shackle mounts off the frame extended thru the bumper on my 02 Fronty (i can't find pics but ill post if I do).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior