Winch Mount

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Dose anyone have any leads on a winch mount for the Factory front bumper of a Discovery 1? I know its not the best solution to a winch but I have other priorities (like sliders) befor geting an ARB bull bar.

Thanks

Nate

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
From one Texan to another I suggest just skipping both of those steps and get a rovertym front bumper. I have had the factory tray, arb, and rte and the rte is the best by far.

alexcivick

Observer
I (as a texan:sombrero:) promote the RTE as well, instead of an ARB. It might be a little difficult to find a winch tray for a factory bumper, not quite sure on that.

benlittle

Adventurer
As a person who was raised in Texas... Not born, sorry, I also would recommend skipping both of those steps and going either RTE or $afari Gard.

If you don't like the slim total blade look go $G. The new stuff is quality 3/16 steel. RTE is obviously bombproof but it comes at a price IMO. That front bumper is 1/4 steel and is heavy as a mother ****er!!!!

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
well that would suck. I was only intrested in the Try bacause I want to get sliders first and Im going on a climbing trip out west for most of summer 10 and I would like to have my Winch on the ROver for that trip. Maybe Ill luck in to a bumper to!

WoldD90

Adventurer
Eddie at West Coast Rovers is handling the sales and distribution of Safari Gard stuff... Give him a call.

Depending on how you are going to use the truck, you are better off with RoverTym or Safari gard stuff. The ARB is a cheese grader, it has absolutely no approach angle.

Custom fab is also a good option, there are several fab shops out there that can build you something to spec for about the same price as an off the shelf model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman