Wiring Diagrams

Betarocker

Adventurer
Hi. Just thought I'd post how I wired up my Baja Designs LP9 Pro and LP6 Pro on my 2016 Ford F350.
The reason it is this way is that I wanted to use the back light as my DRL, switch on when put in gear, yet have the option to have off too. I also wanted them to be triggered by the highbeam circuit so I was not throwing switches when needing to shut off with traffic. There is a requirement that the 'low (33%)' beam wire can't have power when the 'full (100%)' beam wire has power to it.
I don't know if it was unique to my previous LP6 Pro, but I had an issue whereby if I had power to the backlight while having power to the 'low' beam, it would have all sorts of weird issues like flashing, 'full' brightness or mix of both those. With the way I wired, only one of the wires will have power as demand requires.

The other week both sets of my lights were stolen overnight from my driveway. Since then my insurance has compensated me for replacement, but now I made use of theft deterrent hardware, and I looped trip wires through each lamp and utilized my hood alarm pin to hopefully let me sleep better .
Cut the Blue/Orange Hood Pin wire and run it to the light(s) as a loop. The return wire connects back into the other side of the cut Hood Pin wire to complete that circuit. Hood pin still works like normal, but if the lamp wire is cut, it will sound the alarm. I used Weatherpack Delphi style waterproof connectors so that it is easily serviced and disconnected and reversible.

I think there should be a section dedicated to wiring, but until then, you can keep this thread alive by posting your particular unique circuits.

1637042531533.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12