wiring trailer brakes

i want to install trailer brakes on my 08 tacoma. i have bought the controller and have the plug in to wire into the factory harness near the drivers sid ekick panel on order. what do i need to be looking for near the rear bumber to wire my 7 pin socket to? i currently have a factory installed 4 pin connector but i need the 7 pin fro trailer brakes. thanks in advance.

i would also like to level out the front end of my truck and install 235/85R16. i do not want to buy springs right now so i was considering a spacer, but i have read that they wear out springs premataturely. if the spacers would lat me until the warrenty ran out then i would buy an OME system. my truck currently has 8k miles on it righth now.

is there any thing behind the cd eject button area of the 08 to keep me from mounting a hanger for my cb mike in this area? i was going to buyu a FSM but was quoted a price of $500. i woul dassume that it would be ok but would like a little reassurance.

thanks again

jake

Last edited:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
What we recommend to folks with a 4 wire that need to go to a 7 pin is to use a Hopkins Mfg part #47185 or similar product. It simplifies add the brake and 12V auxliary power. You can find the product at www.trailerwiring.com and auto parts stores. Good luck!

thanks for the reply. that is wha ti was looking for. i really did not want to cut into the harness but that looks like a very clean method.

thanks
jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior