With or without pass through on a Fuso?

GR8ADV

Explorer
Love our pass thru. Besides the more common and obvious:

-Stop, place all the stuff I have in the cab I might like later that night on the ‘pass’ ; gps, wife’s glasses, maps, empty travel mug, bear spray, fleece, hat, etc etc. reverse in the morning.

- got a dog? Necessity

- frigid cold morning. No worries, reach thru and fire it up.

- quick stop and don’t want to be seen or make a scene, just crawlback and you’re golden.

-don’t want or need it, close the door

Can’t find a single downside to ours

Last edited:

ITTOG

The most important reason for it is safety. Plus you never have to get out in the rain.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I am guessing you are American

Funny because I am American, and recently traveling thru BC, the Yukon and the NWT, I never once had a weird feeling anywhere we stopped. As soon as we got to Alaska, boom, paranoid about all things drunk, gun toting and red neck. We locked everything up at night. Weird right? And sad. YMMV
Yes but I am only concerned when people are around, regardless of country.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Let’s end the hijack, sorry

Now back to the good and bad of a pass through. I will delete my post so others don’t see it and continue to respond.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I had a TCer and LOVED it for so many reasons. One of the biggest that I did not like was not having the ability to go front to back.

Moving my photo gear at least twice a day was a PAIN!! Leaving it up front WITHOUT access was a bad idea at night or if I stopped some place.

The other issue was with my health at the time doing the stairs.

As far as safety was concerned I loved my class C and my current van for the ability to go from the front to the back without an issue for whatever reason. Whether it be something happening outside in the middle of the night and I want to get away from it. Or if I pull up some place and I just want to go in the back to use the bathroom or to make myself some lunch and I don't want people to know that I'm back there it's so nice to be able to go front to back.

Also in nasty weather. It is so nice to get up in the morning when it's minus 30° c and the cab is already partly warm. I can start the vehicle without going outside and then climb into the front to take off. Or during the day if it's raining really hard or extremely hot or extremely cold I can pull up some place and just go in the back without an issue.

To me I don't think I would be without the ability to move about inside.

gator70

In my opinion it is a must. In my Fuso build I include a legal passenger seat bolted to the subframe with seat belts, a product made for this. Facing the windshield.

This requires a passthrough and a emergency exit hatch in the roof.

The Fuso barely has seating for three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior