Working from JL going down the road?

JeepN3RD

I really did not end up with very many pictures of my work setup, I used a bulletproof mount / arm to a VESA mount on a 17” monitor. I originally had it up higher / blocking more of my vision (passenger) and ended up dropping it down so I could still see about 2/3rds of the screen along with my laptop / ipad.

I ended up only using the dual screens a few days of the trip, I found I could work effectively with just the single screen for the most part. There was some risk of course of an accident and airbags blowing up in my face with monitors but I ended up accepting that risk. (Jeep has the adaptive cruise control / safety stuff so it will slow down, reduced the risk of rear ending someone)

With starlink / and this setup I was able to work a good bit on the road over the 2 months and 8000 miles of our trip. I paid for the $250 per month, “in motion” pkg on my starlink and was able to get connections in quite a few places that I had ZERO bars / SOS on my ipad / iphone. The cost was well worth it considering access allows me to work on ‘drive days’ and play more when we are parked.

IMG_0948.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan