Would you live in a wedge camper full time?

Hodor

From a purely financial standpoint, the lone peak camper can be had for ~8k with other wedges and lift up toppers up to 20k ish.
A fwc shell, or something from all terrain campers or a similar builder will be insulated and give more space for about the same price. Flatbeds give more space.

Being nomadic entails the choice to travel, but working in the same place all the time is absolutely not that. Working in the same place means you might as well live around there, it's sacrificing unnecessarily otherwise.

Saving for a home or whatever other large investments on your radar entail large sacrifices in today's economy to obtain. Unnecessarily sacrificing more than you need to in order to meet those wants can look like many things to many people, but they're still unnecessary.

Don't let your pride and prejudice cloud your judgement and decisions. Keep your end goal in sight and constantly reevaluate your steps until you run out of improvements to make, then execute. Think about your life from three perspectives - you now, you in 5 years and you in 15 years. Think about your past self to obtain future perspective.

DSisOK

Another possibility to consider is house hacking. It doesn’t keep you from debt, but many real estate investors have successfully started out that way with lower risk. Check out BiggerPockets. Their forum and podcasts have a lot of good information on real estate investing.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Another possibility to consider is house hacking. It doesn’t keep you from debt, but many real estate investors have successfully started out that way with lower risk. Check out BiggerPockets. Their forum and podcasts have a lot of good information on real estate investing.
Bigger Pockets is a cesspool of criminal activity, and they are NOT real estate investors, they are real estate OPERATORS and half are scammers.
For those who want to make excuses that they can't afford real estate or can't live in society, you are your own worst enemy.
Bottom line, most are too lazy to put enough effort into learning how to compete in society so they just check out. But, that's OK, every society needs losers to have winners. Seems the goal of younger people today is how to get by and survive with the least amount of effort possible, and just have fun dreaming.

You'd have better luck playing a guitar on MTV than fixing and flipping houses based on some Guru Plan.

Debt is part of a capitalistic world that you live in, it is part of the game. The real problem is that people don't know how to use debt. Debt is a tool, just like a bumper winch, if you don't know how to use it you'll find yourself in trouble. It's not the tool's problem, it's uneducated people.

Sorry, but BP just tripped a nerve. :)

DCgirl

I’ve done long periods in my wedge camper. Months. After a while it wasn’t comfortable and found things to get dirtier than expected. This was with consistently cleaning up after myself. But that would depend on how dusty your area is. Also found that things stink up easier. Used a lot of odor absorbers. And this was me showering regularly and laundry every 5 days. Depending on the humidity or dryness affected how things held to odors, in a confined space things just get stinky quicker. Wasn’t bad but something to note.

For a long trip or excursion it’s a good option but housing, overall wouldn’t recommend long term for most people. If you’re comfortable and honest with yourself about your needs is key. I ended up going with a 22’ travel trailer with 1 slideout and I’m much happier and still take off in my wedge camper for shorter periods from 3-5 days. But I look forward to the trailer, space to do my stretches inside, my own regular size bathroom with shower, privacy. In my case having certain physical issues also swayed towards the trailer, old back injury that also affects my hip now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78