WTB:Montero

Aalc

Hi all,
I've been looking for a Montero 2nd gen/2.5 Gen for some time now but have not been able to find one that is not filled with rust or has not been well taken care of. Does anyone know any good sites besides Facebook marketplace or auto tempest where I could find one? Is anyone selling one?
Thanks

Reactions: plh

nwoods

Expedition Leader
SoCal always seems to have a few. I'm not a fan of FB Markethole, but the Montero group on Facebook is super helpful and might be able to track one down. LetGo might also be a decent source if you can get it to let you search outside your immediate area. The iOS app "CPlus for Craiglist" does a good job aggregating Craigslist postings across multiple areas

Reactions: plh

shanesevo

@dahlenadventures on instagram mentioned a G.2 SR for sale in the PNW he said to contact him for more information. Good luck finding one! it took me about 3 years until I found one I was willing to buy and it did not come perfect by any means! lol

Aalc

Hi all,
I just wanted to say thank you for the great suggestions! I wrote to the Instagram account and am still waiting for a response and have joined some montero groups on FB to see if anything pops up.

spacecowboy7777

Just saw a nice 2.5 on OfferUp in SoCal. 6k asking price, looks worth it. Pm me your phone # and I’ll forward the link. No affiliation.

spacecowboy7777

so is OfferUp the new CL replacement? Is it less sketch than FB-M?

It’s about the same as fb market place or how Craigslist used to be. Since cl started charging $5 for vehicle postings I’ve noticed people using OfferUp and fbm more for inexpensive vehicles.

Huck

I've seen a few on Bring a Trailer over the years. You'd just have to stay tuned to the site til one comes up for auction. If you're not familiar with BaT, they are usually well vetted cars and the comment section is super educational.

There's a Pajero for sale there now.

plh

Explorer
I've seen a few on Bring a Trailer over the years. You'd just have to stay tuned to the site til one comes up for auction. If you're not familiar with BaT, they are usually well vetted cars and the comment section is super educational.

There's a Pajero for sale there now.

It is definitely the place to find cars sold at very full prices. Never seen any sort of a deal there.

Huck

Sure, but in my experience the odds of finding one "not filled with rust or has not been well taken care of" is higher at BaT.

Onyok

Sometimes I am really tempted to sell my Red 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package in SSF, CA.
She hasn’t seen mud or snow. I don’t do off road driving. I keep her clean. I drive her mostly
just to go around SF Bay Area and Los Angeles in the summer. If I get a good offer I may consider.

Onyok

Hi all,
I've been looking for a Montero 2nd gen/2.5 Gen for some time now but have not been able to find one that is not filled with rust or has not been well taken care of. Does anyone know any good sites besides Facebook marketplace or auto tempest where I could find one? Is anyone selling one?
Thanks
Sometimes I am really tempted to sell my Red 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package in SSF, CA.
She hasn’t seen mud or snow. I don’t do off road driving. I keep her clean. I drive her mostly
just to go around SF Bay Area and Los Angeles in the summer. If I get a good offer I may consider.

1999 Red Montero 24 Valve SOHC V6 Winter Package

Z1qr20

are you still looking for a Montero? I have a 1995/6 SR with about 155k that's pretty together and a 1992 ls 5 speed with a blown motor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998