Yaesu MMB-60 quick release mount?

zuren

Adventurer
Has anyone used this mount?

http://www.hamcity.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=291&idproduct=1396

I have a 7900R and I want to be able to easily transfer it between the base station I'm building in the house and my van. The radio will spend most of its life in the house except for when the van hits the road for extended trips. The bracket that came with the radio is a MMB-36.

It sounds like getting 2 of these quick release brackets may do the trick but I find almost no information or reviews online. Has anyone used the MMB-60 and can comment? I could buy another MMB-36 for $9 and deal with screwing and unscrewing the fasteners but wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Didn't know that existed, learn something new every day. It seems like it would fit the bill. One option to consider if you stick with the MMB-36 is to use thumbscrews instead of the little bolts. Personally, I'd give the MMB-60 a shot because bolting & unbolting those 4 screws would be tedious and eventually the mounting holes would strip for sure. Those only go into the aluminum of the case.

4RunAmok

Explorer
I have 3 of these mounts, and they're the best thing ever.

I actually doubled up the ears on the HAM radio that mounts in my truck and then bolted the slide onto my CB Radio, so the CB, when needed, piggybacks on the HAM radio. And the whole assembly can be removed because the HAM radio goes into a slide mounted in the truck. When the CB is not needed, the HAM radio just sits there with the extra ears.

The slide has spring loaded catches that hold the ears in place very well, there is no slop, and it's been very sturdy for 5+ years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior