Yukon 70QT Coolers $199 at Costco

SamShep

They are honestly pretty good coolers. I would not put them over a Yeti or a Grizzly, but they are also about 20-30% cheaper for the same size. They are pretty durable, but they dont come with a lifetime guarantee like Grizzly's do. I would pay the little extra for peace of mind, just my 2cents.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
They are honestly pretty good coolers. I would not put them over a Yeti or a Grizzly, but they are also about 20-30% cheaper for the same size. They are pretty durable, but they dont come with a lifetime guarantee like Grizzly's do. I would pay the little extra for peace of mind, just my 2cents.

It's bought at Costco so you can return it at anytime so it does have a lifetime guarantee. :)

Chad

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I wonder if it's a Costco only run with lower quality

Costco is known for buying items on the grey market and reselling them, which is how they are able to price these special buys below the manufacturers price guidelines and not be an authorized dealer. Same items obtained through shady channels. Which is why they need to back up this up through their return policy, since you might not be covered by the manufacturer. I believe they've been sued several times by Omega, Yakima, Yeti, on and on. Yeti even put them on blast on their website a few years ago. Costco obtained coolers through what was supposedly a special group order for some kind of firefighter fund I think and undercut their dealers. It's all out there on google. Costco is good for some stuff but sometimes you need to be aware of what they are up to.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Costco bought a bunch of Omegas from a European distributor for a cheap price and sold them in the U.S. They were sued by Omega and won. Yeti was mad that somebody was selling things for below their artificially high price. It seems like the same thing Rolex does. If someone sells Rolex for below what Rolex wants you to sell it for, then you lose your ability to sell Rolex. Also, Costco didn't make the group buy, they bought the coolers from a someone who did. I didn't see anything about Yeti suing them or Yakima.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/21/you-bought-it-you-can-re-sell-it-costco-can-keep-selling-gray-market-omega-watches-at-a-discount-without-copyright-liability/

Chad

Last edited:

thefishhawk

Adventurer
ok...I wasn't endorsing or condemning but nitpicking the specifics doesn't change the reality for the customer. If folks are under the impression Costco is getting items from manufacturers that will be backed up when they might not be. That's how they have different stuff all the time. If I'm overpaying for a cooler I'd want the piece of mind I could get a part or repair down the road, I might not want to deal with returning the whole thing to Costco. I'm sure Yeti is the Bud Light of coolers, 5% costs and 95% marketing, but it's still a bit shady for Costco to sidestep their dealer network. They can sell their stuff however they want, overpriced or not. I'm not saying I might not buy the undercut Costco item, but I'd want to know Yeti won't be back me up down the road if the lid warps or something. Just letting Jtai know it's going to be the same quality item from the manufacturer, not a Costco special sub-par item, but some might want to be aware where it came from or what not getting it from an authorized place down the road might mean. That would have sucked to buy an Omega and not be able to get it serviced down the road. Some people care about where things come from and some don't, that's fine. I've bought a lot of stuff from Costco, it's just good to be an informed consumer.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
You can get a grey market Omega serviced by Omega, just not under warranty. You'll have to pay. Unless you have to show your receipt to Yeti, how are they going to know where you bought the cooler?

Chad

thefishhawk

Adventurer
Seems like most places require proof of purchase to get warranty coverage.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Honu

lost on the mainland
if I bought it from costco I would just return it :) no warranty worries for something like that

and ya never know this is all speculation this is what costco did ?

agree on the handles on this model though to bad they stick out so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998