ZOLEO Satellite Communicator - sort of a review

The_Squid

I've had the ZOLEO for a couple years now. I use it often. We do a lot of day trips to go fishing where there is no cell coverage.

I pay $45 per month (in Canada) for the middle of three tiers. No live tracking.

Highlights:
It allows messaging using an app on your cellphone connected to the device via bluetooth. You can message any contact in your phone, or to any number.
If you don't pair your cellphone, you will still be able to send the "ok" message to whomever you have set up ahead of time.
Obviously, you can send an emergency signal to the rescue centre for your area.
It will allow near-real time tracking, if you pay for that feature. (I don't, so can't comment on how well it works)

It has worked great. We've been able to message friends about our camping location when we were meeting them out in the woods... I often use it to keep in contact with my partner so she knows I am all good when I am fishing in remote areas... Battery life seems very good. One charge will last several days of use.

Cons? None that I can think of... other than cost... but I don't think the cost is out of line with the other services, like SPOT or Garmin.

Does anyone else use the ZOLEO? Thoughts on the product?

Hegear

I use it. Overall very good. Sometimes there is a bit of a lag when sending and receiving messages. I use the live tracking quite a bit and seems to work flawlessly.

I like that it’s so portable. I have teenagers and give it to them when they go out hiking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior