2023 Aterra XL Flatbed Truck Camper + 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3l 4x4 diesel

securis

Nice looking rig!!

Curious, have you ever weighed the rig loaded up, ready to go? What's the GVWR? Curious as I have been looking at this camper for my 2000 Ram 2500, which has a GVWR of 8800 lbs. Your truck is of that same era, so curious about this.
Haven't weighed it, but GVWR is the same as yours, 8800 lbs. I did some quick math before I got it and estimated fully loaded would be 8100 lbs. with me, my two dogs, and all supplies.

Base weight of the camper alone is 1150 lbs., and I added options of AC and additional lithium battery.

The Bowen Customs Overland flatbed weighs about the same as the stock bed, according to manufacturer.

ExpoMike

Haven't weighed it, but GVWR is the same as yours, 8800 lbs. I did some quick math before I got it and estimated fully loaded would be 8100 lbs. with me, my two dogs, and all supplies.

Base weight of the camper alone is 1150 lbs., and I added options of AC and additional lithium battery.

The Bowen Customs Overland flatbed weighs about the same as the stock bed, according to manufacturer.

Sadly, estimate and real world are soooo much different. My Northstar TC800 camper has a dry weight listed on the tag but in weighing it on the truck (I have weighed it truck unloaded and with camper), I can tell you the camper is about 400 lbs heavier than they claim.

securis

Price lowered and negotiable.​

Ready to go, heavy duty 4x4 overlanding rig made for long distance off-road adventures. Keep it as-is with one of the most reliable trucks ever made, or put the camper on your own truck, make some cash selling this one, and hit the road.

Hard to find 2023 AT Overland Aterra XL Flatbed Truck Camper (serial XLF23016) on Colorado-made Bowen Customs Overland aluminum flatbed with large storage garage behind crew cab, all on ultra reliable 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3l XLT 4x4 diesel w/clean CarFax and title (VIN 1FTNW21FX2EB38993). $149k OBO for the setup.

The low mileage pickup has less than 100,000 original miles on it: It was garaged before I bought it, and I have full maintenance receipts from regular work at Bodacious Diesel in Golden, Colorado after I purchased it. Truck has 97,393 miles as of this listing, camper has been on it for only about 2,000 miles.

I'm happy to send more pics or video.

Camper and components are under warranty, installed by Juniper Overland in Denver this past February.

The Bowen Customs aluminum flatbed alone was a $21k+ investment.

Will consider selling camper alone, asking price $87,500 OBO.

I've only spent 3 nights in it, and I've washed the rig—especially the undercarriage—after every time I've driven it in the snow.

I waited more than a year and a half for this setup and planned to live in it full time with my two dogs, but life happens and my priorities changed to living in my new home.

***Description and list of features from AT Overland:***

Overland and collaboratively built with AT Overland Equipment, it combines the best available materials and technology with expert craftsmanship that yields an exquisitely comfortable and practical camper.

The light filled Aterra has a smart and comfortable interior living space with lots of convenient and practical storage solutions. The well-equipped camper is suitable for all seasons and full-time overlanding for two + pet. The durable coated honeycomb composite and best in class appliances, windows and accessories make the Aterra a thermally efficient mobile habitation system.

The unique geometrical Aterra design yields a camper structure that is both strong and lightweight while able to withstand the rigors of endless washboard and the worst roads on the planet. Well-built by AT Overland Equipment in Prescott, AZ that has been designing and building the best Overland vehicle solutions for over 20 years.
Whether your needs are for seasonal backcountry camping or intercontinental exploration the Aterra will deliver the comfort and performance you need.

STANDARD FEATURES:
  • King size bed (79”L x 80” W) with 3” thick upholstered foam mattress and Froli Travel Spring System
  • 5 Arctic tern double pane acrylic windows with reflective privacy curtains and bug screens
  • Arctic tern double pane acrylic electric roof hatch skylight with integrated led lighting, bug and light blocking screens.
  • Arctic tern double bolt entrance door with window and security/ bug screen
  • Truma VarioHeat Comfort heater and AquaGo on-demand hot water heater
  • Dometic flush mount 2 burner sink/stove combo with glass top
  • Bamboo Countertops and Table
  • Maxxair ventilation fan
  • Dimmable interior and exterior led lighting
  • Five double USB and Four 12v sockets
  • 20 Lb propane tank (standard swappable type)
  • National luna 90 liter dual zone fridge freezer
  • 30 Gallons fresh water capacity
  • Inside and outside Sagiv shower points
  • Garmin Power Switch with Bluetooth Control, allowing for remote control of interior and exterior LED lights, and water tank light
  • 105 Ah lithium battery and 400 watts solar
  • National Luna 40 amp DC to DC charging system with integrated MPPT solar controller and automatic vehicle charging disconnect.
  • Wrappon Trekker waterless toilet system
  • 8x step 22 Stingray cabinet storage cubes (16”l x 12”w x 8”h), and 2x step 22 Stingray cabinet storage half cubes (8”l x 12”w x 8”h)
  • 3 Underbed storage drawers (25”w x 40”l x 6”h)
  • 3 Hidden under bed compartments (25”w x 20”l x 6”h)
  • 1 Clothes hanging closet (10”w x 20”l x 35”h )
  • Shoe cubby (12”w x 20”l x 8”h)
  • Storage under dinette seats (dinette also converts into a 78”L x 28”W bed)
  • Dinette Seat Cushion Dimensions – 19” x 28”
  • Dinette Sleeping Area Dimensions – 28”x76”
  • Rear accessory molle rack can accommodate AT Fuel Can Holders & Rotopax
  • All doors lockable and keyed alike
***OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT I ADDED:***
  • Additional lithium battery (up to 210 ah total)
  • DC 12V Split Air Conditioner 6000 BTU
  • Thermal Door Cover
  • 8' Exterior awning
  • Mechanical camper jacks
  • Maxtrax recovery boards mounted on rear accessory rack
  • Fuel/Water can mounts
  • Fresh air replenishment system with condensation removal
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Honeycomb composite construction
  • UV resistant polyurea coating inside and out with upholstered ceiling.
  • Camper overall width: 80”
  • Camper overall length: 153”
  • Camper overall height: 83”
  • Cab over length: 60”
  • Cab over height: 42”
  • Flatbed footprint: 80” x 80”
  • Interior headroom: 76”
  • Base Model Weight (Dry): 1150 lbs.

***ALSO INCLUDED:***
  • Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 winter tires with less than 15,000 miles on them
  • Rhino Warlord wheels on Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3 A/T LT315/70R17 tires
  • Ceramic tint on all F-250 windows, including windshield, legal by Colorado state law, with nationwide warranty
  • Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR head unit and backup camera
  • Additional security
  • ARB air compressor with dual chucks, mounted in flatbed
  • RedARC inverter to power AC appliances
  • Starlink wifi satellite internet kit with the newest model
  • Little Giant step ladder
  • Arizona Beige Metallic Gold touch up paint for truck
  • Bodacious fuel additive
  • WeatherTech windshield and window deflectors and floormats
  • USB and DC charging ports mounted throughout the camper
  • Seat covers, which I'll be happy to remove to show good condition of seats underneath to truly interested buyer
No chips or mods have been made to this truck beyond what's above, plus Rancho suspension. Undercarriage is in great shape, with typical surface rust. New owner will likely want to use Woolwax or similar treatment before winter to keep it in great shape.

Payment by Escrow.com or cashier's check, to be verified in person by local bank.

More info from manufacturers:

AT Overland Aterra XL:

Bowen Overland Bed:
Should've mentioned: Located in Leadville, Colorado, ~1 hour from Vail and Breckenridge.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Bump for another AterraXL owner.
PS--ExpoMike is correct, the base weight of the AXL is heavier than the ATO site lists.

securis

Nice looking rig!!

Curious, have you ever weighed the rig loaded up, ready to go? What's the GVWR? Curious as I have been looking at this camper for my 2000 Ram 2500, which has a GVWR of 8800 lbs. Your truck is of that same era, so curious about this.
Apologies, thought I replied. I haven't fully loaded and weighed it yet but will within the next month if not sold. GVWR is also 8800 lbs.

securis

Price lowered to $140k OBO. Will sell camper on its own (and bed and/or truck once camper is sold).

Swapped the chrome wheels and winter tires for the Black Rhino Warlords and all-seasons last weekend. Oil (and filter) change coming up next week.

Also, while I'm here, anyone know the rules on reposting/bumping a listing like this? I didn't find it in any of the two main groups of rules on the homepage and want to follow proper etiquette.

Attachments

• PXL_20240602_181509969.jpg
    PXL_20240602_181509969.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20240602_165735078.jpg
    PXL_20240602_165735078.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 85

ExpoMike

Also, while I'm here, anyone know the rules on reposting/bumping a listing like this? I didn't find it in any of the two main groups of rules on the homepage and want to follow proper etiquette.

General etiquette I find on most sites, 3 days between bumps.

Definitely curious on total loaded weight. Will likely make a decision if I consider one of these for my current truck.

securis

General etiquette I find on most sites, 3 days between bumps.

Definitely curious on total loaded weight. Will likely make a decision if I consider one of these for my current truck.
Thanks. What's the best way to bump? I assume not an entirely new thread.

Re: weight, it looks like the nearest scale is an hour from me. I know I'll be passing it next Friday and will see if I can make the trip sooner.

securis

Price lowered to $135k. Just discovered some water damage / mold issues in my new home that are going to cost me at least $10k out of pocket, because insurance isn't helping and I don't have a HELOC. Fun stuff.

securis

$130k now. Great deal given how new the camper is, all the upgrades, and reliability of the truck.

A few people are interested in the camper alone. I'd prefer to sell as a package of course.

For those interested in the weight, I haven't yet been able to stop by a weigh station to weigh it fully loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater