StoryTeller Epic aka GXV Patagonia

Steve_382

Email from StoryTeller today introducing the Epic. Says they will have "see through pricing" also.

jk6661

Observer
Honestly, even if I had the money, I wouldn‘t spent it on a million-dollar (roughly, I assume) rolling fortress that can’t go a whole lot of interesting places (narrow streets, anything but wide-open trails, etc.)

gregmchugh

Observer
Honestly, even if I had the money, I wouldn‘t spent it on a million-dollar (roughly, I assume) rolling fortress that can’t go a whole lot of interesting places (narrow streets, anything but wide-open trails, etc.)

I don’t think it will be a million but you never know these days. As I recall the base price recently for a Patagonia was somewhere in the 700’s.

rruff

Explorer
It is hard to see where this would make sense. It doesn't look to me like it will handle steep arroyos, which are common in the SW desert, due to rear departure angle and breakover clearance. Too tall for trees. Maybe it's an extra fancy way to pull your SxSs to a flat spot near the highway... see a lot of that in AZ, but it's something your typical 40ft land yacht can manage.

86scotty

Cynic
I don't see the point.

Kind of reminds me of the old saying "just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should."

And it's hideous.

Bah humbug.

wfv56

Greg 7 years full time is incredible! Congrats, you should author a summary of your travels and tips. I for one would be fascinated.

86scotty

Cynic
I feel so sad, you hurt my feelings by calling a GXV Patagonia hideous. Been living in one for almost 7 years and now I realize everyone who tells me it is great is wrong and it is hideous. I could cry… ;)

Don't cry. There's a butt for every seat. I'm sure many hate my rigs. I hope we're still friends.

BuckinghamBuilt

I think this is a smart move for Storyteller if they are looking to sell this via a dealer network like their vans and the Hilt. These units were built to order when GVX owned the company and they offered a lot of customization which in my opinion causing long build times and added post sale complications.

Not that I have the money (but I'm working on it) I wish they had a dual cab version even it it had an extended wheelbase.

gregmchugh

Observer
I think this is a smart move for Storyteller if they are looking to sell this via a dealer network like their vans and the Hilt. These units were built to order when GVX owned the company and they offered a lot of customization which in my opinion causing long build times and added post sale complications.

Not that I have the money (but I'm working on it) I wish they had a dual cab version even it it had an extended wheelbase.
Paccar does not build any of these trucks with anything but the day cab in North America. It looks like this Epic version may have some extension of the cab done after delivery from Kenworth but not enough to add a second row of seats. Our 2017 Patagonia has the basic day cab which is pretty small and was built before they offered the extension on the cab as an option. The DAF LF built in Europe has several cab options besides the day cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater