U
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Also: (sorry they make me break it up)
    • I'm deciding right now between a setup like yours (truck+camper) and an upfitted Transit AWD. If I go the truck route, yours is pretty much exactly what I want- Im just wary of the winter situation and also not feeling like there's 'inhabitable space' when not sleeping. Any thoughts of yours would help me decide
    Also:
    • I can't remember if it was your post or another members, but I recall mention of replacing this with a camper van setup. I really like the setup you have in the back- the minimal, functional approach, and you did a great job with aesthetics too. So if you ARE getting into a van, I'd love to know what your plans are in terms of outfitting.
    -Rob
    Hey, I saw your ad here for the truck/camper. I have a few questions. If you don't mind taking the time to answer, I'd really appreciate it.
    • Like you, I'm a skier. This winter will be a good time to have a winter camping setup. Have you done that in this setup?
    Thanks in advance.

-Rob
    U
    utsnowsurfer
    As for the van, it’s all about our bikes. There isn’t a bike lock on the market that can guarantee the bikes won’t be stolen while I’m surfing or just not around. I can throw the bikes in a van. I use a Yakima Hangover with a cable and haven’t had issues yet. Otherwise, super fun and everything is accessible. We’ve been camping is some great remote places all summer. Happy to help!
    Sean
    S
    SkiHotWheels75
    Thanks Sean.

Im also an avid cyclist, and wonder about bikes in a pickup solution. The pullout bike garage like Farout ride folks have done is a nice solution. Otherwise, with a pickup I was thinking the bikes could maybe fit inside the crew cab with a seat delete and a wide throw hinge.

Any ideas on what your plan is for a van buildout? Would you use Goose Gear again?

-Rob
    U
    utsnowsurfer
    I like the rear seat bike solution, but my sidekick is a 6year old. She’d take offense to getting kicked out. As for GG, I have some products I really like that compare. Depends on the use and abuse factor
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad