05+ Tacoma - short bed dimensions?

bkrobbie

Observer
OK Guys -

Lurking for quite some time and really impressed with the quality of the content here.

I'll properly introduce myself later, but I have a 2005 Tacoma double cab with a short bed, and my wife and I take our two young girls camping whenever we can. I've been impressed with the storage solutions many of you have designed, and I intend to build a platform / drawer system into the bed of the truck to better organize and protect our gear when camping (right now we throw our stuff into big rubbermaid tubs and ratchet them down - inelegant, but workable).

I want to be able to mock up the design I have in mind via a CAD program (measure twice, cut once...).

Does anyone here already have a CAD file with proper, accurate interior dimensions of the short bed? If so, any interest in sharing?

Many thanks in advance.

soonenough

Explorer
I'm interested to see if anyone has done this. I've thought about designing part of my Tacoma in CAD also, but I'm not well versed in the surfacing types of features in Pro/E, which is what you'd probably want to use for that kind of modeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete