12lb propane tank mount

RACKMAN

Observer
Hello all. first post on this interesting forum I just came across. I'm currently finishing up my offroad capable camping gear trailer and I'm looking for a mount for a 12lb propane tank. It is the same hieght as a 20lb tank but has a smaller diameter and so far I'm having no luck locating one....only seems to be mounts available for 20lb tanks. So....does anyone know of any mounts available for 12lb tanks? I'm pretty sure I'll just have to end up making one myself, but I'm so busy I was just hoping to save some time by actually buying something already made.....for a change! Thanks for any info.

RACKMAN

Steel_City_X

I picked up a "universal" fire extinguisher bracket and had to widen the arms a little. You may want to check a safety/fire extinguisher shop near you.

ddog45

Adventurer
tank mount

Seems like a lot of us are loking for good mounts and not having much luck I am looking for a good option fo my five pound tank and power tank brackets are looking like the best option.

DaleRider3

What size diameter is your tank? My Conqueror Basecamp came with two mounts that are about 8.5-9 inches in diameter that I plan to replace with mounts for standard 20 lb tanks. Might be willing to sell them.

RAZORBACK

Observer
Here is what I used.

tankmount.jpg

http://www.fire-etc.com/heavy-duty-box-type-vehicle-bracket-811-2373

RAZORBACK

Observer
This bracket is for an 8" cylinder, the 5 lb vertical tank. Did you manage to get it to fit the 10 lb vertical tank, 8.9" diameter?

Seems like a stout bracket, it's rated to 30 lbs. when wall mounted.

Yes, the screw on the left can be taken out and replaced with a longer screw that will enable it to fit. It's a tight fit, but thats what I wanted. You could also replace the metal band with an XL quick fist. That was my first thought.

Sorry guys, but I do not have a pic right now as I disassembled everything prior to mediablast and powder coat.

Maybe I can get a pic of it with the tank in it sitting on the ground on Sunday if I can manage to stay away from work.

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Power Tank makes a bracket that woks great with very little if any mods. all aluminum and a metal band which may be DOT mandated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp