12V Heating Pads? Any recommendations?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I’m looking for advice about what’s a good 12V heating pad (not a blanket).

Anyone have experience with one?

plh

Explorer
I know you said not a blanket, hear me out. I use this RoadPro under my sleeping bag and it works excellent. Tested to 17F personally.

road pro

Last edited:

llamalander

elctrowarmth.jpg

Somewhere around 75w, honestly too warm most nights, use it to preheat while I'm driving. The dial control is more like altering the frequency of 100% output--

emulous74

With so many on the market, I think you need to consider the features of each or rather the lack of features.

• Can it run constantly through the night or does it have a time out?
  • Can it regulate heat output. IE, is it just on or off? Variable?
  • Does it have protection? Can turn itself off if it overheats or has a short?
  • Does it have a cover that is machine washable? Can the main pad be cleaned?
  • What is the warranty? How is the warranty implemented? IE restocking fee, return shipping included, etc.
I have thrown away to many heating pads/blankets that these are the criteria I now use.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Thx all

I’m looking for a heating “pad” not a blanket.

I need to use one intermittently at night to try to alleviate the unbelievably painful leg cramps I’m experiencing as a side effect of a new medication 😵‍💫

You’ve given me some really good leads 👍🏻

montechie

Ignik has 2 pads the Backside and the Backside XL which are smaller than the ^Flipside depending on how big you want, we've used the XL for various duties for the past year, including as a butt warmer in our Wrangler in MT winter and it heats super fast and hot. Comes with a small 12v barrel plug which I like for use with my power station. I've also had very good experiences with their customer support in the past, they back their products well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner