1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 200TDI w/R380

Boultman

*** SOLD ****

It's time to part ways with my 1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 w/ 200tdi and R380 5-speed manual. Located in the Clear Lake Area of Houston, TX

IMG_3228_2.jpg

I've had the Disco for about a year and a half, and drive it 2-3 times a week to work, and on weekend camping/wheelin' trips in the hill country. Currently in the Clear Lake Area of Houston, TX.

I planned to keep this beast forever. My wife and her tendency to produce offspring has other plans. We are now building a house and i don't need a 3rd (cough) 4th vehicle.

Spent almost all its life in Texas. I bought it from a buy in Mass. Though, he only had it a few years. The PO before him did the conversion. The engine is a re-sealed ex-MoD engine, and runs like a top. Starts INSTANTLY, and has never left me stranded, or not started, etc. If you don't mind cruising at 65 mph, i would drive it across country. I've taken numerous 600-700 mile trips, and never had a single issue. I get about 22-26 mpg, depending on my foot. (try that in a 3.9 V8).

The owner that did the conversation took his time to find a rust-free, Discovery 1 with manual cloth seats and no Sunroof to keep things as simple as possible. Vehicle does not leak from any window seals, etc. I've had to park it outside since i owned it, and never a single drop gets inside. All electric windows, mirrors, etc. work perfect. Keyless entry, alarm, homelink garage opener etc.

I can email you a quick spec sheet i typed up with further information, and add-ons, along with many HiRes photos. I can also take additional photos upon request, just tell me what and where. I want to be completely transparent with the transaction, and look for a quick and easy cash sell.
My data sheet has much more information on the truck. (add-ons, new parts, etc.)

Minor Issues:
- AC needs a recharge. The main components are not leaking, but the two large compression fittings that screw into the compressor work loose over time(diesel vibrations i'm sure). I did an evac/recharge and changed receiver/dryer last summer, blew ice cold. Just noticed it was low again a few weeks ago after it got warm here on the coast.
- The truck will steer to the left under hard braking. Probably needs a new or rebuild caliper. I just learned to live with it and doesn't affect daily driving.
- Steering box leaks slightly. I added Lucas power steering leak-stop (one of the only snake-oils i actually believe in) and it slowed enough to not even worry about it. I've had to re-add maybe 1/3 of a bottle since i first did it over a year ago. Steers fine.
- The clutch seems to slip under certain conditions. It's only in higher gear, under hard acceleration, and only when engine has been fully warmed for a while. It could possibly be the crank shaft seal that is spraying a fine oil-mist into bell housing/clutch?? It's always kind of done it, and i just live with it. It is NEVER an issue when in low-range, or crawling around in low gears. Worst case it needs a clutch. It hasn't gotten any worse since i owned it, so i'm just used to it when it happens.
- Drips/seeps a little oil, as all diesels and/or British Vehicles do. Doesn't seem to burn any. I add MAYBE a half of a quart of oil between changes (4-5k mikes). Which is really exceptional.
- lastly, some of the doors won't auto-lock or unlock with the key-less entry. It comes and goes. they all work manually if needed. Most importantly, the drivers door ALWAYS locks/unlocks with remote.

Over-all this is an awesome vehicle in amazing shape. It's largely still original. It is a beast as-is, but can really be a great, solid, rust-free starting point to make the Off-roader of your dreams, the way YOU want it.

Asking $12,900.00 but open to reasonable cash offers. Looking for transparent, quick and easy transaction.

Please email for further information and my contact information.

Regards,
Jonny B.

email:
jhboult(at sign)gmail(dot)com

RESIZE0004_2.jpg

RESIZE0013.jpg

Last edited:

Boultman

I just saw your mileage request. The truck has about 200k, and the engine and trans, from what i as told at purchase, was 130k. So now it is about 140k.

cdubs

Yeah you'll probably be fine, I registered an out of state Range Rover with a 200tdi swap and they asked some questions but I got it through. Just say bio diesel, environment yadda yadda fuel economy. I also had epa paperwork but they didn't seem to really care about that. They just want their money at the end of the day.

any one know if this can be registered in CA? what is it titled as diesel?

Boultman

Sorry for the late reply. My Texas title says nothing about being a Diesel, so there were no questions when i went to register. When I get it inspected, they see it is a '95 (no OBD2 as jrose609 said) and clearly hear that it is a diesel, and never had a problem. I believe 1995 was the cut-off for no OBD2, which makes vehicles of that year desirable. Here are some more photos of the truck. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more photos.

Reasonable cash offers will be entertained. Cheers.

RESIZE0002_2.jpg

RESIZE0015.jpg

RESIZE0017.jpg

RESIZE0008.jpg

Boultman

Bump for price drop. $11,900 or best reasonable cash offer. In no rush to sell, but would like it sold before July.
Going on craigslist soon. I was hoping to avoid the crazies.

Boultman

Bump. Still for sale. People seem to be put-off by the AC needing to be charged, so i'm going to have that done this week, and apply some thread sealant to keep those two compression fittings from working loose. Should solve the refrigerant leak for good.

Price drop to $11,500 and will soon have ice cold AC.

My contact email is on the initial listing.

Cheers,
Jon B.
Greater Houston Area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven