1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 Expedition Built 127k miles

KaiTak13

Long time lurker with very recent registration.
Unforeseen circumstances prompt the sale...very disappointing.
I acquired this vehicle last month from an off-road enthusiast.

1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FJZ80
Color: Moonglow pearl
126,800 miles
no accidents
vehicle has spent its life in OR/WA
Original window sticker along with much of the paperwork will be included.

Previous owner purchased in 2005 @ 82,000 miles. He performed all of the modifications chronicled through many threads on his website.

Some of the major modifications are as follows:

• ARB air lockers front and rear using an ARB air compressor and stock OEM dash locker switch to engage.
  • OME 2.5" lift all around w/ OME 850s in the front and 860s in the rear. Slee Caster correction bushings added. OME shocks and steering stabilizer.
  • Tires are Goodyear MTR 285-75R-16s.
  • Metal Tech rock sliders
  • Slee front winch bumper
  • Warn 8000lb winch
  • Hi-lift jack mounted on the bumper.

Engine and transmission are both stock.
All cooling and heater hoses, including the PHH and the entire cooling system, were replaced with brand new radiator and water pump for added peace of mind.
Additional electrical cooling fans were added over the radiator and transmission cooler.

Engine has been treated with Mobil 1 synthetic every 3000 miles. Transmission has Mobil 1. Transmission fluid temp gauge mounted on A pillar.

Alternator was upgraded to a Tundra 150 amp unit and electrical system includes dual Optima batteries with a manual/automatic switch.

Front and rear axle bearings were completely gone through and replaced/repacked. Front birfields were completely gone through/repacked. Driveshafts were greased regularly.

The interior includes several modifications geared toward expedition travel, but one can return to stock if desired. The major modifications include a custom made center console that includes Ham and CB radios, LED Maglite w/charger, and light switch panel. In addition, switches for the dual battery system and volt meter for the 2nd battery. Also included is a car computer PC with touch screen that was used for navigation system (full PC computer capability).

One rear seat was removed (2nd/3rd row seats are included in sale) to make room for a fridge, storage boxes, and a storage rack/lock box. The rear includes an African Outback drawer system with storage for tools and gear.

Vehicle is equipped w/amber flashing-warning lights that previous owner used while performing research projects. This includes two upper rear strobe lights inside the window glass plus amber strobe lights in the taillights.

LED lights utilized throughout as interior lighting.

Backup lights.

Previous owner has a dedicated website. I ask that you respect his privacy. However, I did give him a heads up that I may have to part with it. Just FYI.

TEMPORARILY OFF MARKET - OUT OF STATE FOR FEW WEEKS

Last edited:

Racingdad

Adventurer
1995-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FZJ80

Can you provide the web site for the build out. I am interested in looking through the build. Vehicle looks great and the build out appears well thought out.

Thanks,

Tad

luk4mud

Explorer
There is 15k worth of accessories alone on this rig. Excellent buy for the right buyer, especially given the low miles on the FJ80 itself. Looking at all those lights, switches and dials makes me dizzy. I would not know what to do with most of them.

Seeker

Adventurer
Purely out of curiosity, because this is a really nice-looking rig... why are there strobe lights installed on it? I searched the PO's website (provided above) but didn't come back with anything.

ExpeditionLCinterior005a.GIF

Seeker

Adventurer
Nevermind. :) I think the switch is explained by this picture here. PO apparently liked to explore old mines and probably used these as caution lights.

ExpeditionLCaction0909x006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77