1999 Chevy Tahoe, 2-Door, 4x4 - *SUPERCHARGED* - Full Overland Build

DriveVT

1999 2 Door 4x4 Vortec 5.7 V8 with a ProCharger Supercharger on board, full overland build - it goes anywhere!

Asking $42,500.00. I (and the Truck) am in Charlotte, Vermont.

It's the last year of the 2 door! Barn doors and all. Originally a California truck, it's exceptionally clean and drives beautifully, I've taken it cross country on several multi-week trips. All additions to the truck are reversible, the original rear seat and original wheels go with it, no holes were drilled!

The truck runs beautifully, every system has been gone over and any repairs, updating has been done. 169,000 miles.
Along with regular service and general maintenance, during my ownership over the past few years I've added the following:

Mechanical:
- ProCharger Supercharger: High Output, Intercooled System - adds significant power and torque (60-65%)
- New HeavyHauler 460LE performance 4 speed automatic transmission by PerformaBuilt Transmission
- Rebuilt front disc and rear drum brakes
- Rebuilt front suspension, both sides
- Bilstein performance shocks all 4 corners
- New Air conditioning compressor
- 5 x New 17" Alloy Rims
- 5 x BFG KO2 tires
- Airlift RideControl airbags
- New Euro style headlights (bright halogen)
- LED turn signals, brake and reverse lights
- Interior: new switches as needed

I also sourced and customized the following to make the truck a full overland beast:

[All additions are reversible, and no holes were drilled, or anything structurally changed. I regularly remove the roof tent and other items to use the truck as a regular vehicle! The best of both worlds.]

Exterior Overland/Camping Additions:
-
RoofNest Falcon Pro Tent [AMAZING RTT!] - with ladder, mattress, pockets, lights, etc, all included
- RIGD UltraSwing MegaFit tire carrier with Drop Down Table, Light Kit, SideHack and bag, water jug, hitch ext. for bike rack
- 23Zero 270 Peregrine Awning
- Yakima Road Shower - 7 Gallon
- Custom bug screens (magnetic) for driver and passenger windows

Interior Overland/Camping Additions:
-
Rear seat removed (will go with the truck) - can bolt right back into place
- Custom cut 3/4 inch plywood baseplate, carpeted. Bolted into existing tie down bolt points (no drilling!)
- Dual ARB Drawers with Roller Tops (1355) - 55". Bolted to base plate and custom fit to the truck with a universal fit kit, extra storage under each side.
- Dometic CFX3 75DZ fridge/freezer: 75L dual zone, bluetooth controlled - it sits right behind the passenger seat and is accessible directly from the driver's seat: cold snacks/drinks while on the road!
- Jackery 1000 Power Station: AC inverter built in. Multiple AC and DC outlets. Powers the fridge and lights for days and days without charging. AC wall charger included. Also charges from the 12v socket of the truck while driving or by solar panels.
- 2 x 100w portable Solar panels

Other additions:
- Sony Double DIN HeadUnit with Apple CarPlay
- Upgraded Kenwood speakers all around
- New Carpet
- New Driver Seat Cushion and Cover

The whole interior was built to give the option of sleeping inside on the platform if wanted, or to leave tons of space for gear, bags, dogs, etc. The Dometic fridge is shimmed to the same height as the platform, allowing a full length sleeping position.

Maybe the best part of this build is how usable it is: everything on the outside (tent, wheel carrier, shower, awning) is easy to get on and off... take it all off and you have an exceptionally usable daily driver... add it back and you're ready to explore!

Happy to discuss!
Dave
(802) 734-1345

DBC16842-BFEA-4CFC-B1BE-78359DD5C74F.JPG
2F13A6AF-89AA-4735-8F01-2F875095FD09.JPG
DC8BE41C-384D-4A81-9708-4B3E55217526.JPG
4C946C7B-5005-4C9C-A7D4-E456B76F64CB.JPG
B63C354C-F04B-4829-9F97-C52B1156F8F4.JPG
ADF81EE6-3D19-4D6D-8A37-D71B28F927D3.JPG
D6F9ADFD-6696-4270-9907-6E836B45DDC1.JPG
0815E882-9D70-4694-A9B3-6CC65F9E9AAC.JPG

0399D830-9592-4451-9C88-DFDDE01CE3ED.JPG
9C393B26-10FD-47AA-B8AB-58735DCB1E65.JPG

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

Beautiful truck, Dave. What the h3ll would you want to get rid of THAT for? If I had that money, I'd scoop it up. The old 2 door big Blazer is my favorite truck of all time, and this is a Blazer with a Tahoe name

DriveVT

Beautiful truck, Dave. What the h3ll would you want to get rid of THAT for? If I had that money, I'd scoop it up. The old 2 door big Blazer is my favorite truck of all time, and this is a Blazer with a Tahoe name
Ah - thanks! And you're not wrong at all... I'm just beyond torn about selling it. But - new projects to tackle and only so much money to do it. It's my favorite truck as well, just so good.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey Dave - The forum rules require you put a location please. Your area code indicates Vermont but not certain where. Thanks - DJ

DriveVT

Hey Dave - The forum rules require you put a location please. Your area code indicates Vermont but not certain where. Thanks - DJ
No problem - I do state in the second line that I and the Truck are in Vermont - I'll add the town. I'm in Charlotte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob

Members online