1999 SR5 4Runner w/ 5 speed! 4x4

preacherman

Explorer
I am selling what I consider a perfect overland truck. Up for sale is my uber clean 1997 Toyota 4runner SR5 5 speed (thats right a real transmission). I bought the truck last fall from a airline pilot who had kept all the maintenance records on it since 35,000 miles. I had planned on keeping it but I need a larger truck to tow for work. Every PM has been done to this truck including timing belt. This truck needs nothing but a driver. Here are some of the highlights

Interior
I would say 9 out of 10
There is a small tear in the piping of the seat (not the seat itself) of the drivers side
There are no stains, smells or discolorations.
All dash and dash buttons work
Has a bluetooth radio with iPhone connect and Siri connect (everything your siri will do you can do through the radio like read texts, compose voice texts, directions etc)

Engine and transmission
Just take a look below at the 1st page of the PM spreadsheet. Need I say more on documentation?
I keep track of gas Mpg and I get 17.4 in town and 21.2 on the Hwy. gotta love it
All Pm has been done like belts, filters, fluids etc

Paint and body
The paint is great but some of the factory pin striping has chipped off on the small pin striping along the doors (see pic).
There is also a small dent on the drivers side fender smaller than a dime (see pic)

Other stuff
It has a brand new set of Cooper Discovery AT tires with less than 3,000 miles on them (see pic)
The window tent on the front two windows was just replaced
I replaced the windshield less than 2 months ago bc it had a 6 inch crack in the drivers view
The truck has 200k even on it but I drive it every day so that will go up slightly

Price $4,500 located in Midland Texas zip 79706. There is a great airport in town and I would not hesitate to drive this truck anywhere. I will throw in a full tank of gas to the buyer.

Last edited:

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Dang.... I wish my 4 runner was that nice.
GLWS I think you might have better luck if you dropped it a bit as it sits now its a thousand dollars over blue book
but then again its worth what some one is willing to pay for it and she is sharp.
I wonder if the wife wants a second runner.....

preacherman

Explorer
Its a 1997. Sorry about that, I also own a 99 jeep TJ and a 1999 Suburban so I guess I had 1999 on the brain.

I realize that it is $1,000 over Blue book but how many other 1997 used cars have this kind of maintenance history behind them? I have a file folder of receipts to go with the papers. I personally would pay over blue book for that peace of mind.

preacherman

Explorer
It took a while but all PM's have been returned. A few things I forgot to mention and have had questions about.

It also has a moon roof that works great, no leaks.
The AC blows nice and cold
The cruise control works well
All windows as well as the rear one work great
It has a husky liner in the rear cargo area and the factory cargo cover

Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3