2004 100 Series RedSoxCruiser Build Thread

Red Sox Cruiser

I have been wanting to start this for a while now and just haven't gotten around to it yet so I am a little behind. Here is the rundown on the ole girl.

Icon Shocks, OME Torsion Bars, Nitro UCA's, Duiser 1" body lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's on TRD Rock Warriors, LabRak Roof Rack with axe/shovel & hi-lift mounts, LabRak Cutting Board, LabRak Antenna Mount, Ham Radio KG7NYC, CVT Tent & Awning, Modified Bump-it-off road rear bumper for body lift, Dissent Off-Raod Front Bumper, Runva 11XP winch.

January of 2012 I traded the wife's Tahoe in on a 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser. She was bone stock but not for long.

I first changed out the crappy Toyo’s for some A/T’s slightly bigger and added OME 865’s to keep it level when loaded down with gear. I also removed the running boards and added a LabRak roof rack with shovel mount, axe mount & hi-lift mount. After months of searching I finally got a set of Tundra Rock Warrior 17’s and added 285/70/17 A/T’s.

I then got a CVT Mt.Hood tent to go on the LabRak roof rack. Summer of 2013 I swapped out the generic A/T’s for Goodyear DuraTracs in 285/70R17 and built a customer set of slider steps with a member of the Cascade Cruisers.

Spring of 2014 I sold my 80 series after having our second kid and got the wife a 2004 sequoia and was able to really start modifying the 100 series.

I jumped in on the Bump-it-off road group buy and got the rear bumper. I then got the Icon 2.5 non reservoir front shocks and aluminum rear shocks, OME Torsion Bars, OME 866 rear springs and Air Lift Bags, Nitro Gear Upper Control Arms, Dusier Off Road 1” body lift and 315/70R16 Goodyear MTR’s with kevlar.

Fall of 2014 I ditched the step sliders for custom high clearance sliders from Monarch Metal Design. Finally got my ham license and installed a radio in the center console where the CD Changer was. I modified the LabRak antenna mount to accept the ham antenna. I also installed the LabRak cutting board in the tail gate.

Summer of 2015 I got in on the Dissent Offroad front bumper, I added the Runva 11XP winch and E-Vision Led lights to it with LabRak ARB light pod housings and turn signals all custom to the bumper. After finishing the rear bumper and adding the tire swing out I switched rear springs again to the OME 863's and that's how she sits now.

You'll notice the rack missing cause we are installing the all new LabRak state of the art modular rack system here shortly.

Red Sox Cruiser

Thank you, I'm very happy with it. Went out in the TSF this morning and had a blast.

I am a partner and in charge of Outside Sales, Event Coordinator and Dealer Rep. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Good looking rig. I'd like some more info on the HAM install. What unit did you use and some pics installed in the console would be great.

Red Sox Cruiser

100 Series Ham Install

Good looking rig. I'd like some more info on the HAM install. What unit did you use and some pics installed in the console would be great.

I went with the Yaesu FT-2900R from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WKH00M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

My CD changer took a crap on me last year, got a short in it so I just unplugged it. I never used it anyway so when I got the Ham and was looking around the truck trying to find a place to install it the CD Changer location just seemed like the perfect spot. As you can see below it doesn't fill the hole completely but I haven't lost anything down there yet so I'm happy with it. I took the standard LabRak antenna mount and used a step bit to drill the hole to fit the Ham antenna.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing that ham info. I'll never use the disk changer so I was intrigued and it looks like a decent spot to have the unit close but out of the way. I bought a Gamiviti hood mount last week and it seems like my 4' firestick CB antenna is a little too beefy for it so I might use that for a ham mount but I still need to figure out a few other things.

Red Sox Cruiser

Thanks for sharing that ham info. I'll never use the disk changer so I was intrigued and it looks like a decent spot to have the unit close but out of the way. I bought a Gamiviti hood mount last week and it seems like my 4' firestick CB antenna is a little too beefy for it so I might use that for a ham mount but I still need to figure out a few other things.

No problem hope that helped.

If you decide to move the Ham to the hood mount and still want a CB you could run a 4' Firestik on the rear hatch LabRak mount with no issues.

I run Ham on the driver side and CB on the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online